Buck Rogers - First look

Last word I heard it was dead.

Cawley lost it when he tried to create his own Star Trek and had to cater to all the actors who were working for free. Instead of making the fourth season like he was going to do.

He also never followed through with a trade/sale for his Captain's Chair. Not cool.

I thought this Teaser was kinda neat... but after all this time and what can be done with great writers, great effects, and good actors, I would expect much more from a new Buck Rogers series, especially after that piece of Garbage that the Network tried to pass off as a New "Flash Gordon" series!
That was just awful!!!

BUCK ROGERS TEASER.wmv - YouTube

Given the track record for scripts at Phase II, I wouldn't have expected great writing out of any Buck they'd have produced.

Can we abbreviate this as something other than "BR"?

BR stands for Blade Runner!!!

Last edited:
Gil and Erin were good, but it wasn't shot and edited particularly well. All one-shots for over two minutes, and we never see Erin with any of the other actors. Was she even there the same day?

Not sure why we needed a closeup of the green beans.

And overwritten. The spirit was there, it just needed pruning, and more interesting blocking.

That scene always reminds me of a knock-off of the Luke/Uncle Owen scene in Star Wars. And, yes, it's way overwritten.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back