Buck Rogers: Assassin laserpistol finished

LeMarchand

Sr Member
One of my favorite episodes from Buck Rogers as a kid was the double feature "The plot to kill a city". I always liked this little laser, so much bang for such a small piece. As far as i know, this prop has never been replicated before, so all you fellow Rogers fans will have something new to add to their collections :)

Last year i introduced my 8 year old son to the show and remembered i had some reference material on my HD and decided it was a perfect project for those little moments when i couldn't work on anything else, like when i was etching brass.

I made some plans in illustrator and cut out the main shape. I used a saw to cut that in half, so i could mill a slot on the inside of the side where the powerslide is. I cleaned up the pieces, rounded of the sides etc and added two reference pins for easy building.

The power indicator was made of styrene and houses in a little piece of resin, which is inserted in the slot before the 2 halves are joined, cleaned and painted. Thid way, it can slide both ways

I thought of doing the barreltip in pressurecast resin first, but using square acrylic rod was easier. So i ordered some, and cut of a piece and sanded and polished both sides where it was cut.

The decals were done in illustrator and pirinted on an inkjet and i used double sided tape to put them on the painted piece.

Very happy with the result and 'Yes, i WILL be offering kits in the junkyard soon' as i did make molds :)

here's a screenshot from the episode and 2 shots of a finished kit i did. I will post here when a JY thread is up for those interrested.

Thanks for looking

PDVD_074.jpg

bucklaser1.jpg

bucklaser2.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back