BTTF Plutonium Chamber label

Dagobah Don

Sr Member
Hey I just got this meter, and I am wondering if anyone knows the proper label for it...

backtothefuture-movie-screencaps.com-4114 copy.jpg

Last edited:
The width of the black tape is 1 cm, and I believe they used the DYMO black tape that they used for other BTTF props inside the car, and then tacked white lettering on top of the tape (there were no thermal printing label makers then). So I am on the hunt for adhesive lettering that matches the prop, in a range under the 1 cm mark.

Last edited:
Marcus, would you perhaps have these labels rendered as well? Would be most helpful, and they seem very closet to the labels you have done...

issue43-26 copy.jpg

Yes, I made those too. But somehow, I forgot to include them on my blog. But now they are there - plus the one for the Drum Switch:
You're the best man. I've been looking for an inexpensive way to do this, and this is it. Thanks so much

You're the best man. I've been looking for an inexpensive way to do this, and this is it. Thanks so much
Thanks for the praise :)
This is actually rather easy to do.
You could do it in Photoshop - but I'm using Linux, so I'm doing it in "Gimp" (which also exists for Windows and it's free).
  • Create a new document - if you want to print this as 6"x4" in 300dpi, make it 1800x1200 pixels.
  • Add two more layers (so, together with the base layer, you have three).
  • Make the base layer white.
  • On the next layer, add the colored rectangles (the backgrounds for your labels).
  • On the top layer, with the text tool, insert the text that you want (setting the right font, size, and color).
  • export as .jpg (in high quality, 90% or higher) and submit to Walgreens...
Of course, you need the right font - so search for the free fonts: "Eurostile bold extended", or "Microgramma bold extended" and install before starting Gimp.
As usual: Once you manage to work with a new tool, you will find applications everywhere.
I love this method. It's really inexpensive and the results are great (when printed on glossy photo paper) - just make sure they don't get wet :)
Here I used this method for more complex stickers - and the results were great, again:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back