Interest BTTF Hoverboard Parts Kit

Hey formula388, any news to share with us? Hope things are going well - especially with your new belt sander ;)
If you do get a minute to update the thread, perhaps you could give some idea on timescales to help manage expectations for those hoping for an early Xmas gift :thumbsup

I have nearly all the parts made, got really busy and haven't had a chance to sand down the bottoms to be perfectly flat. I will update this as soon as I get to sanding them. I even have the belt sander already, just have to do it.

I wouldn't be looking for a discount - I would just like to get the bits. Can't finish my board until I do. I certainly wouldn't want to complicate proceedings and increase the number of options/choices (discount/non-discount) - which could slow things down. This thread has been around for a long time and I was just thinking of ways to help speed up the process for people who might be super-keen (OK, impatient like me :$) to finish their boards quicker.

I would be up for a discount, finishing them is a lot of work. If you can get finished pieces and unfinished for the same price, why get unfinished?

I would be up for a discount, finishing them is a lot of work. If you can get finished pieces and unfinished for the same price, why get unfinished?

Of course, if both were available for the same price, I agree. Reality is, neither are available. I was saying I'd be prepared to take an unfinished item if that made it available sooner. For getting it sooner I would happily still pay the full amount. If we knew how long the wait might be then perhaps I would reconsider. But we don't know how long. I don't even know if I will get added to the list.

Okay a quick phone update before my meeting tonight, I will consider selling the non-sanded peices for those who really can't wait (at a discount of course.) I apologize as this and all other hobby related projects have taken a backseat to my new job and new business. I honestly missed out on so many BTTF related events and auctions because I've been so busy. I will draw out a timeline of when to expect what. I will update the list when I get to a computer. I apologize I haven't even gotten to read through all the post thoroughly so if I missed something I will touch on it when I get to a computer to update.

Okay a quick phone update before my meeting tonight, I will consider selling the non-sanded peices for those who really can't wait (at a discount of course.) I apologize as this and all other hobby related projects have taken a backseat to my new job and new business. I honestly missed out on so many BTTF related events and auctions because I've been so busy. I will draw out a timeline of when to expect what. I will update the list when I get to a computer. I apologize I haven't even gotten to read through all the post thoroughly so if I missed something I will touch on it when I get to a computer to update.

Fab news! Count me in for an unfinished full kit. Thanks.

Congrats on the new job & business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Formula388 I've literally just joined this site so I could message in this thread. I would like love a full parts kit for Marty's board. I've wanted to build one for ages and now finally I've got the chance. I don't mind waiting at all. Just wanted to put my name out there that I was in the market for one. Thanks mate

Does anyone have any idea on how heavy these might be? The HC magnets are quite light as they're thin and hollow. These are solid right? So heavier?

Looking forward to an update.

At the risk of coming across as impatient (me? :D), I thought I'd give this thread another bump. Formula388, you are our last hope for accurate magnets. I (and I guess others on here) really hope to hear from you soon. There is lots of interest in this. 11 months of discussion and a lot of anticipation. Let's make this happen - nothing is impossible when you put your mind to it :thumbsup

At the risk of coming across as impatient (me? :D), I thought I'd give this thread another bump. Formula388, you are our last hope for accurate magnets. I (and I guess others on here) really hope to hear from you soon. There is lots of interest in this. 11 months of discussion and a lot of anticipation. Let's make this happen - nothing is impossible when you put your mind to it :thumbsup

I literally check this thread multiple times a day just hoping lol. It's the last bit of my board I need to find as well.

Fingers crossed. :)

Last bump from me (this side of Christmas!). I know this is possibly one of the busiest times of year for a lot of people - but still I have hope, hope that one day my Hover Board might actually have the hover pads it deserves (it needs!). Fingers crossed for an update soon. Cheers.

Okay a quick phone update before my meeting tonight, I will consider selling the non-sanded peices for those who really can't wait (at a discount of course.) I apologize as this and all other hobby related projects have taken a backseat to my new job and new business.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back