BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

I've heard on social media and saw Bryan say earlier that extra pommels are being produced with the Gen 2 batch. I'm interested in buying one, but Bryan has also said that the pommels are specific to their body. So...are the pommels not interchangeable? I have a Gen 1 that I'd be interested in adding a new pommel to.

I've heard on social media and saw Bryan say earlier that extra pommels are being produced with the Gen 2 batch. I'm interested in buying one, but Bryan has also said that the pommels are specific to their body. So...are the pommels not interchangeable? I have a Gen 1 that I'd be interested in adding a new pommel to.
Unfortunately that’s correct. Each pommel is specifically mated with the corresponding body- so that the control box can then be oriented and drilled to match the correct angle specification.
It is especially challenging to match threading on every single pommel. Our Chinese factory had wild variation so saying the pommels are interchangeable would be extremely unreliable.

If our UK factory can establish consistency across every unit then it may be feasible.
The alternative is to re-design the construction of everything so in the meantime- it is safest to assume the pommel would be paired with a main body

Unfortunately that’s correct. Each pommel is specifically mated with the corresponding body- so that the control box can then be oriented and drilled to match the correct angle specification.
It is especially challenging to match threading on every single pommel. Our Chinese factory had wild variation so saying the pommels are interchangeable would be extremely unreliable.

If our UK factory can establish consistency across every unit then it may be feasible.
The alternative is to re-design the construction of everything so in the meantime- it is safest to assume the pommel would be paired with a main body
Are the Gen 2 Hilts shipping out this month UK or Chinese machined?

Are the Gen 2 Hilts shipping out this month UK or Chinese machined?
Main bodies and high tolerance parts are UK. Some of the less demanding components are China (like the arrows for example). This is just to help with the timeline and free up the machine processes on the UK machinists floor

On that note.
I missed ‘thin neck thursday’
4FD76B78-6D89-40E9-BFB5-70079005C491.jpeg

EE222E49-7A99-4DDA-972B-1A2B9B198ACB.jpeg

95F4C1C6-A5F3-4B7A-8B5A-ADE316424542.jpeg

Lewis is working on assembly and QC

Here you can see the Gen 2 with the pommel update. So is the grenade but I doubt the difference is clear there

Beautiful. I’m interested in a static version based on your latest and greatest accuracy. Any idea when that will be coming? Is there an interest thread for a static version yet?
No interest thread just yet.
I have considered the Gen2 FX the testbed and we are just now able to verify the changes along with just recently visually confirming the accurate control box board setup and matrix dampener (“cave tool”) components.

I’d love to be able to say by end of 2022. The past 2 years have proven that with current events we need generous timelines and gracious estimates for quality product.

I anticipate an interest thread in the next couple months as we are close to tying off the loose ends of all our other active projects and production needs

Last edited:
I have considered the Gen2 FX the testbed and we are just now able to verify the changes along with just recently visually confirming the accurate control box board setup and matrix dampener (“cave tool”) components.

I’d love to be able to say by end of 2022. The past 2 years have proven that with current events we need generous timelines and gracious estimates for quality product.

I anticipate an interest thread in the next couple months as we are close to tying off the loose ends of all our other active projects and production needs
you cant rush art

Thanks for that update, BRRogers.

Test bed for? Is there to be some expected accuracy change between the FX and future static variant?
With the Gen2? No. Nothing else can change beyond the weathering people decide to pursue for their taste.
I personally didn’t want to ‘pull the trigger’ on a static run until I had ample opportunity to find :
- the correct original donor pcb for the control box
- the correct original donor ‘cave tool’

In the midst of that happening (between finding the pcb and the cave tool) we were able to shore up our model with newest/ recent references and put any remaining questions we had to bed. What we see with the Gen2 in terms of exterior geometry will be adopted by the Static Hero in the exact same way… albeit with the ‘as seen on screen’ solid construction and replicas of the original construction of the functional control box and tool.

… sorry it’s late here , I’m recovering from covid and I just hope I have enough brain working where that makes sense:cry:

Last edited:
With the Gen2? No. Nothing else can change beyond the weathering people decide to pursue for their taste.
I personally didn’t want to ‘pull the trigger’ on a static run until I had ample opportunity to find :

In the midst of that happening (between finding the pcb and the cave tool) we were able to shore up our model with newest/ recent references and put any remaining questions we had to bed. What we see with the Gen2 in terms of exterior geometry will be adopted by the Static Hero in the exact same way… albeit with the ‘as seen on screen’ solid construction and replicas of the original construction of the functional control box and tool.

… sorry it’s late here , I’m recovering from covid and I just hope I have enough brain working where that makes sense:cry:
Appreciate the clarification! I guess as long as the FX owners can purchase the tool separatley (and hopfully another run of the CC) there isn't anything I am going to miss out on by waiting for the static variant in terms of features or accuracy.

Appreciate the clarification! I guess as long as the FX owners can purchase the tool separatley (and hopfully another run of the CC) there isn't anything I am going to miss out on by waiting for the static variant in terms of features or accuracy.
Yeah, that checks out :)

Glad to see you’re feeling better

On that note.
View attachment 1530075
View attachment 1530076
View attachment 1530077

Here you can see the Gen 2 with the pommel update. So is the grenade but I doubt the difference is clear there

On that note.
View attachment 1530075
View attachment 1530076
View attachment 1530077

So Gen2 is not coming with Beryllium Copper anymore?

I know no one really cared a lot for it (Pretty sure most people thought it was Brass). I really liked the initial color of it, I personally think that beryllium copper or even brass would look better, especially on the control box rails. I was hoping it would return on the Gen2, but I'm assuming that there are some difficulties accessing this material on the machinist's side like the bronze, so it's fine.

So Gen2 is not coming with Beryllium Copper anymore?

I know no one really cared a lot for it (Pretty sure most people thought it was Brass). I really liked the initial color of it, I personally think that beryllium copper or even brass would look better, especially on the control box rails. I was hoping it would return on the Gen2, but I'm assuming that there are some difficulties accessing this material on the machinist's side like the bronze, so it's fine.
I wouldn’t say it wasn’t received well? Beryllium copper is the highest strength machining copper alloy and the color tone was similar to the brass L rails present during ISYHCANL. For accuracy to the cave scene they still just need to be color treated somehow with, tape, paint, or chemical patina.

The canoes we’re making for the Gen 2 are Tellurium Copper which have similar machinability and strength but is a bit redder in tone to match the current state of the prop today. The hope is it will make weathering and color accuracy easier to achieve

Last edited:
Yeah Adam and I discussed this quite early on: the idea of making it a public asset so people could print our research for personal use. It would definitely not be the machining ‘CAD’ or ‘STEP’ files more likely an adjusted model dedicated to STL printing format. We wanted to make sure we could produce a run ourselves that reflected it… so considering we are getting into Gen 2 with a static on the line we haven’t released any such model assets yet. MEANWHILE it is not a smart move for us to release those said assets yet. I’m told that we are being watched very closely by a community of recasting lowlifes so until we feel satisfied that we’ve hit our obligation by producing (in metal) our research we’re holding this model close to our chest until we (and I think rightfully so) have a chance to see it through. As makers it’s important to give ourself that permission and I hope you guys can understand.

But yes, it is still very much our intent to make it a printable asset once we’re done with it.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back