BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

I'm guessing because a proper FX-ready hilt is accurate to the external dimensions but cannot be made accurate to the internal/box box electronics dimensions seen on the MOM prop. This would presumably mean their upcoming static run will have the accurate internal box parts as seen in the MOM prop. Me personally, I am looking forward to using this piece for a DYI FX build.

I'm guessing because a proper FX-ready hilt is accurate to the external dimensions but cannot be made accurate to the internal/box box electronics dimensions seen on the MOM prop. This would presumably mean their upcoming static run will have the accurate internal box parts as seen in the MOM prop. Me personally, I am looking forward to using this piece for a DYI FX build.
Pretty much! Yep you got it ;)

Hmmm, I have a MoM on its way to me soon but not sure when I’ll go about getting it FX’d. In the meantime, I’d be interested in a separate accurate static box if one were available and presuming the attachment points would be the same.

#nailed it

Hmmm, I have a MoM on its way to me soon but not sure when I’ll go about getting it FX’d. In the meantime, I’d be interested in a separate accurate static box if one were available and presuming the attachment points would be the same.
The attachment points will in fact be a bit different... this is due to the FX considerations playing against original static placement of the screws

The attachment points will in fact be a bit different... this is due to the FX considerations playing against original static placement of the screws
Understood. Will you have extra FX reveal boards available? I might have a go at creating a faux reveal board and saving an extra when it comes time to FX everything.

So we likely will actually do an upgrade later because the factory used the wrong substrate. They were supposed to use black FR4. But here's the reveal boards:
I didn't think they'd be actual circuit boards with real components, just a 3d print like I had seen around in other runs. Every time I check back in this thread I am even more blown away! So excited for mine to arrive!

Just walked in from my first day back at work and the saber has arrived. Helper and reveal board are not with it due to quality issues which is a shame as I was hoping to send it away for electronics.
Now I’m no expert on these but I have to say it’s a really well made piece of kit. Comes with idealised and canon parts and a whole heap of fittings. Haven’t had chance to have a proper look as I need to get stuff done at home. But we’ll done guys. Awesome work.

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

Just walked in from my first day back at work and the saber has arrived. Helper and reveal board are not with it due to quality issues which is a shame as I was hoping to send it away for electronics.
Now I’m no expert on these but I have to say it’s a really well made piece of kit. Comes with idealised and canon parts and a whole heap of fittings. Haven’t had chance to have a proper look as I need to get stuff done at home. But we’ll done guys. Awesome work.
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing, I look forward to your thoughts once you have had more time with it!

Wait so the boards aren't shipped with the kit? I thought the only problem was the reveal boards being the wrong color?

No we pulled them because some of the helper boards were not placed correctly for the rear switch and were getting soft clicks or no click. We decided to pull them and more closely inspect. They will go out in packets as each board is individually verified or replaced. We've also contacted the factory for both issues on the helpers and the incorrect substrate on the reveals

No we pulled them because some of the helper boards were not placed correctly for the rear switch and were getting soft clicks or no click. We decided to pull them and more closely inspect. They will go out in packets as each board is individually verified or replaced. We've also contacted the factory for both issues on the helpers and the incorrect substrate on the reveals
Definitely appreciate the quality control here! Do you have an idea of how long that will take (I am in no rush, but I am planning on moving. So if it is within a couple of months, no big deal, but if it is longer I may need to change my address for shipping)

Definitely appreciate the quality control here! Do you have an idea of how long that will take (I am in no rush, but I am planning on moving. So if it is within a couple of months, no big deal, but if it is longer I may need to change my address for shipping)

oh no nothing that long. We'll have this sorted like in a few days or a week or so. We're all over it.

oh no nothing that long. We'll have this sorted like in a few days or a week or so. We're all over it.
Same here :/ I’ll be out by the 15th though so I may have to update my address for that. Also, does this mean that the reveal board will be black substrate now? If not will you make that an available upgrade in the future?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back