Braveheart full sized bust

The progress and your ability to take constructive criticism and apply it to the bust to make it better in this way is just cool. Keep tweaking until you are completely satisfied!

The new eye shapes are much better. :thumbsup

When i started reding this thread, i thought the bust looked very iffy....but now it's truly sensational and authentic looking!

The way you have consistently tweaked and modified the eyes etc. in accordance to the constructive criticism does you proud!

Well done!

rich

Thankyou so much guys, this is what makes this forum so special. When I work on something, I think it looks great, maybe a few things could be better but I dont see them. Posting on here and getting feedback shows me where something is off and its great when people can constructively tell you what you need to do to fix and correct something. I graciously accept all forms of criticism and never take anything personal when it comes to creativity. it only serves to make a project better in the end.

Now Im working on adding in some more hair on the sideburns, then Ill start sculpting in some muscle on the neck , then repaint the whole face.
Will post more soon.

OK, mine was for a Halloween party. My biggest problem was finding the right tartan, without breaking the bank.
Where did you get the fabric?

1774027.jpeg

OK, mine was for a Halloween party. My biggest problem was finding the right tartan, without breaking the bank.
Where did you get the fabric?

Cool costume, I got the Kilt material here:
Braveheart Tartan

50$ a Yard, I got one yard, all I needed for this project- not too bad.

Here is a small updated, painted the fleshtones on the face and painted the eyes. Need to affix the eyebrows and lashes again.
IMG_4677.jpg
[/IMG]

Still need to fix and paint neck, style hair, tons to do on body and weathering of costume.

IMG_4694.jpg
[/IMG]

Eyebrows added, still tweaking the face a little, almost done though. Gonna add a little stubble to the beard with pencil, working on the lip color too.
Two pics, one with flash one without, camera still not too great, all I have for now though. thanks for looking.
IMG_4695-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4705.jpg
[/IMG]

Thankyou so much, it was a very nice casting, eyes did need a lot of work on my part, love to see someone else do one too, people on this forum are the best around and always helpful. Good luck with your sale.

Eyebrows added,
IMG_4695-1.jpg
]

Wow, that is very impressive indeed! :thumbsup

I realise that you are still tweaking the face, adding stubble etc. but could I make a lil' suggestion from a fresh perspective?

When I saw a pic you posted further up the thread, before you added the eyebrows, I thought to myself "Looks like Wallace has gotten drunk one night, and Hamish shaved off his eyebrows during the night!" :lol

BUT, from a distance, now that the eyebrows have been added, the left one kinda disappears into the blue war-paint. Perhaps you should add just a few thin streaks of brown in there, perhaps at the edges, to give the impression of an eyebrow being there underneath the blue war-paint?
Maybe paint the eyebrow a slightly darker shade of blue?

Keep up the good work... it will be a great display from a great movie :)

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

I still think you should trim those eyebrows to more match how they look on Mel Gibson. The wide blob of hair is really ruining the look. And on the blue warpaint side you need to muddle the hairs together to form a bulge of hair rather than the flat blob you have now. If you get the eyebrows to match how they should really look, then it will improve greatly as it did with working on the eyes.

I think i fixed the eyebrows, didnt think to trim them to shape, thanks TooMuch Garlic, its funny how easy it is to overlook the obvious. I lightened up and shaped the blue eyebrow as well. thanks for the feedback.

IMG_4750.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back