Interest Brass Mid-Plates for stapleton13's Movie Communicators

Me, too!

As I said, I'll be receiving stapleton13's kits today, and I'll begin taking orders for these mid-plates this weekend and begin shipping Monday!

My brass is here.

I know I said Monday ship on these, but the weather didn't cooperate yesterday, so I'll be completing them tomorrow. If you'd like me to hold your lids to ship mid-plates at the same time, please let me know ASAP.

Sorry, I've been a little behind (and today put me even further behind), but these will be done first thing tomorrow.

I have my cut files set up, and it's just a matter of putting this brass on my table and cutting.

I'm so sorry to everyone for the delays! :(

That's good news. I'm expecting the Comm kits tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to getting these built, but I've waited years to get these so a little longer is not going to kill me, I hope.:)

I'm afraid you'll need to wait just a little longer. I was in the middle of machining these yesterday (I got the pin holes milled), when my bit broke, taking my collet with it.

Unfortunately, I won't have another collet until Tuesday (but I did order two so we're not in the same situation again!). The moment it arrives I'll be out in my shop cutting these from the sheet of brass that's currently on my table.

This suck, not only for these, but for other jobs, as well. I had a busy weekend planned, now I'm at a standstill.

I'm very sorry. :( These will be done on Tuesday, though.

AJK001, I'm so sorry, I never got a reply notice for this thread until jakob2121 replied! :(

I started back on these Friday night but had some problems with the parts jumping up when they finished cutting. I made some adjustments to my program and am going to go back out there tomorrow morning to hopefully finish these.

In other news, if I need to take longer with these, for those of you who did pre-order these, along with lids, I will ship your lids this week, and your mid-plates as soon as they're finished (I'll pay the shipping on the second shipment). I hate that I'm holding people up from completing their awesome stapleton13 kits!

I'll post another update tomorrow.

I've had to order a different bit for these. I think the problem may have been in the one I was using, and was causing too much upward stress on the mid-plates when the cuts were being finished. The one I purchased has a lower helix angle, and should create more of a side-to-side force rather than an upward force.

It arrives this afternoon, and I'll be out in our shop this evening. There are no storms in the area today, so with any luck, these will be finished tonight.

I've had to order a different bit for these. I think the problem may have been in the one I was using, and was causing too much upward stress on the mid-plates when the cuts were being finished. The one I purchased has a lower helix angle, and should create more of a side-to-side force rather than an upward force.

It arrives this afternoon, and I'll be out in our shop this evening. There are no storms in the area today, so with any luck, these will be finished tonight.

Awesome, I can't wait!!

Yeah, they're kicking my butt. :(

I hate to take them off of my table to complete another pressing job, but they'll be going back on soon. I think I finally have it figured out.

I know a few of you have asked me to hold onto your lids until your mid-plates are done, but I don't feel comfortable with that anymore and will be shipping them separately. No additional shipping payment is necessary. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back