Interest Brass Mid-Plates for stapleton13's Movie Communicators

FLM Concepts

stapleton13 is going to be offering his Star Trek movie communicator kits soon, and I'm curious how many people would be interested in brass mid-plate upgrades for them.

They come with resin mid-plates.

These would be pretty much exactly the same as his with the same interior cutouts and .063" thick.

I've done some rough numbers, and I can offer them for $7.50 each plus $5.25 shipping (1 per order). You can combine shipping with my movie comm lids and pay one shipping charge per combined order.

I won't be able to manufacture these until I have his mid-plates in-hand to work from.

Do you plan on making them for both the Star Trek III and Star Trek V Comms? I was under the impression the V did not have a mid-plate or at least a mid-plate you can see.

Either way I would be interested.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't paid much attention to Trek V comms (other than the lids), but if it's true that they don't use brass mid-plates, then I'd only be offering them for Trek III comms. :)

I've never seen really good pictures of the Hero Star Trek V Comm and with those it is really hard to tell. Maybe Richard Coyle, who worked on them for the movie and is a member here could tell us.

I guess it also depends on how Myron is making his body kits. If he has just one type of body for both Comms, then the same mid-plate would be used for both. I guess you will find out for sure when you get the kits from him and then you can decide.

Good idea. I'll ask Rich. :)

The reason I don't like the Trek V version is Shatner's fault. He wanted that light in there. I wish they'd have left the fuse pullers.

Rich did tell me that only the Trek III communicators had "brass" mid-plates. Having brass mid-plates won't be screen-accurate, but would just be a nice touch, IMHO.

I've never seen really good pictures of the Hero Star Trek V Comm and with those it is really hard to tell. Maybe Richard Coyle, who worked on them for the movie and is a member here could tell us.

I guess it also depends on how Myron is making his body kits. If he has just one type of body for both Comms, then the same mid-plate would be used for both. I guess you will find out for sure when you get the kits from him and then you can decide.

I am making the same body for all 3, and a resin mid-plate will be included with all the kits. I have seen tons of pictures of both the 3, and 5. The problem is that I have seen 5's with, and without midplates. I am not sure which is correct. I'll leave that to the builder. I also heard tell that the rectangular bump on the back was not on the screen used ones, but again I have never seen one without it. I decided to add it, and if a builder wants it can be sanded off.

You can count me in for 4 of them if you go ahead with them. Even if it is not screen accurate for the Star Trek V Comm, I still like them and like the weight the brass will add to the Comm's.

I just found out that the Generations communicator has a brass-colored mid-plate!

So that's two out of the three, if you want to go that way.

Actually, on the Star Trek III, they originally used gold-colored tape around the perimeter, but I'm offering them in solid brass. Not screen-accurate, but interesting, none-the-less.

I receive the brass for these tomorrow, and I'll be running them this weekend.

I'm getting the communicator kits from stapleton13 tomorrow, as well.

Me, too!

As I said, I'll be receiving stapleton13's kits today, and I'll begin taking orders for these mid-plates this weekend and begin shipping Monday!

My brass is here.

I'm sorry to bump this so soon, but I just received all three of stapleton13's kits, and they are absolutely GORGEOUS!

It's an honor to be offering parts for these kits. Whatever he ends up charging, it's TOO LITTLE!

Just sayin'.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back