BOUSHH COSTUME REVEALED!!!

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Sandman, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

Well, I finally finished the wife's Boushh costume. She has been wearing it to various 501st Southern California Garrison events over the last couple of months as we work some kinks out of it. I have yet to install the voice changer in the helmet and I'm slowly distressing the whole costume. Here are some pics. Unfortunately the flash really washes out the costume and you can't see alot of the distressing. Hope you like it...

Todd
    TD1035
    SCG

P.S. Yes, that is Grant "the Wook" in the photos...I think he rather enjoyed being led around by my wife.

[IMAGE]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/53775dae/bc/Photos/zAbilityFirstBoushhrsg.jpg?BCeC2oDBdu3qBTB3[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/53775dae/bc/Photos/zAbilityFirstsmgrouprsbbrs.jpg?BC7K2oDB4a1ESfGo[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/53775dae/bc/Photos/Trooper+and+Boushh.jpg?BC7K2oDBzMa4s447[/IMAGE]

2. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WOW. That looks dead on. Great chewie too.

3. WebChief

WebChief Sr Member

Getting red Xs. :(

4. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Yup....no pix....

5. TK 4130

TK 4130 New Member

no pics, no red x's...I'd love to see the final product. :unsure

6. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Sandman,
    New users are not allowed to post pics on the forum. You will have to post the URLs.

FWIW, if you hit the "reply w/quote" you can see the code in original posters message. I tried to copy/paste the URLs into a new browser window, but I kept getting "you don't have permission to view this page" :angry

I'd love to see the costume. Double check your URLs and post those.

7. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Hey everyone,

My buddy Todd, who just joined the RPF as Sandman, made an awesome Boushh costume for his wife. Since he's having a bit of trouble posting pics, I'll post one of his wife with me at a recent charity event in soCal. The cool backdrop was on loan to us from JPL.

When you get a chance, please welcome Todd (Sandman) to the board. He's a great guy, has a kick-a$$ Sandtrooper costume, and his wife's Boushh costume he made is steller too.

The Wook

[​IMG]

8. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Welcome Todd :)

Great looking Boushh :thumbsup

9. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Welcome.

Awesome costume.

10. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Thanks guys for welcoming Todd. Here's a pic of him and his wife at the same charity event as the pic I posted of her and me above. Todd's got the best sound system of any trooper I've met. I love hearing his radio chatter, because too many troopers don't go that extra mile with the sound effects. And it really adds to the overall costume presentation and character performance. Todd's got it down.

The Wook

[​IMG]

11. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Wow. Those are great costumes. I's like to say "fantastic job..." to both of you The Wook and Sandman. Thanks for sharing the pics.

12. Firespray

Firespray Well-Known Member

From one newbie to another...Welcome Todd. Excellent job on the Boushh costume.

BTW: How tall is Grant? He makes a great Wookie/

13. Kris

Kris Sr Member

He already played Chewie for LFL on some occasions (I think. . right?)

14. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Yes, I work for LFL. And I genuinely appreciate the compliments on my costume boys, but let's try to keep this thread on topic. Todd's a new member and he's showing us his awesome Boushh.

One of the things I love best about his Boushh is the weathering on the gun. As someone who's owned and used real guns (rifles, shotguns, pistols) since I was 10 years old, I know what real weathered gun metal looks like. And Todd really nailed it. Obviously it becomes most apparent when scrutinized up close, but it is amazing. :thumbsup

The Wook

15. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

LOVE THE BOUSHH. :thumbsup

Need to weather it up a bit.

16. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone. Sorry about the initial post...I think my pic hosting service is having some issues :angry

As far as the weathering on the costume, I'm still working on it V E R Y
    S L O O O W L Y. Don't want to over do it. Unfortunately the flash really washes out the costume and you can't see a lot of the weathering already there. I'll try and post another pic that shows some more detail. This picture was taken by Britt Dietz at the FIDM closing gala.

Thanks again guys and gals.
    Todd
    TD1035

[IMAGE]http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/Galleries/FIDM-12-10-05/images/IMG_6378.JPG[/IMAGE]

17. tk7209

tk7209 New Member

Fantastic costume. - PM Sent

18. Swedolorian

Swedolorian New Member

Absolutely amazing..
    How long have you been working on the costume Sandman?

19. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Very nice. :)

It reminds me that I need to finish mine. :cry

20. penwiper

penwiper Well-Known Member

Love the Boushh. I know what you mean about cameras not catching weathering - wish I could see it 'live'.

Welcome to the boards.

Gen

21. Brinn 71

Brinn 71 Well-Known Member

AWESOME COSTUME.
    About the flash washing out the details of your Boushh costume; try taking pics of it without the flash on, in bright sunny day light. That may help.

Good stuff, and WELCOME.

B

You too, Wook. :p

22. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

The costume took me about five months to complete start to finish. I had a great time doing this one...it was nice working with leather and fiberglass instead of ABS.

Todd
    TD1035

23. voice in the crowd

voice in the crowd Sr Member

Welcome to the RPF.

Fantastic costumes :thumbsup

Cheers Chris.

24. RKW

RKW Sr Member

Welcome.

Hands down the best Boushh costume I've seen todate.

25. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would have to say the Collar and Chain as well as the Thermal detonator are my two favorite parts of the costume. Pretty dead on. They guy that made them must be really cool. (heh heh heh)
    :p :lol ;)

Yes, this costume is BOYOND amazing. I still look at it in awe and turn to Todd and am amazed he built most it in his house. No prop shop, no help. Just himself and some blood sweat and tears. That is got to be one of the, if not the best helmet out there. You chose the right person to buy it from.

Todd you da man... Congrats.

The flipping of the lites in the vent above the eyes is awesome. Everything is perfect. I can't wait till you have the voice thing all worked out.

Here's some more pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Wait a sec... is that belt made of rope? :)

27. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

Actually the belt is made of leather strips wrapped around 1/4" nylon rope. After I glued the leather to the rope, I glued all of the strips together and then attached some belts and buckles to the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

29. Dreadmel

Dreadmel New Member

Good work Todd, can't wait to troop with you and your wife.

30. deralis

deralis Well-Known Member

Awesome Boushh, Awesome Trooper, Awesome Couple...

Todd Rocks....
    [​IMG]

31. Jack Bauer

It really sells when she is stading with Wook. Holding his "leash". It's like they waled straight out of the movie.

Wook is right too the blaster is awesome too. Weathering looks pretty real.

[​IMG]

32. hbrika

hbrika Active Member

Thats amazing weathering, I am totally impressed. About all I can say is a dumbfounded WOW

33. optinerd

optinerd New Member

*thud* :eek That's amazing work. We wants one....

34. Skalen Fehl

Skalen Fehl Well-Known Member

Wow. Very nice.

35. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

...there we go......very nice. One of the few Boushh costumes done right.

36. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments. I'm still working on the voice amplification system for the helmet. As soon as I get it done I'll post some pics of it installed. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year...

Todd
    TD1035

37. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome work..

38. TK-6790

TK-6790 New Member

Very true. Todd really does go the extra mile. For me the best part of that event was that he took the time to make a chain and collar to keep "the mighty Chewbacca" subdued.

:D

39. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

Nice job on the Boushh costume. :thumbsup

40. Jack Bauer

Actualy Andrew at risk of tooting my own horn...

Toot Toot.

I made the Collar for Todd and his wife. He had done such a fantastic job on the costume and since her very first trooping event IN the costume was going to be with The Wook, we had to come up with something FAST.

I looked at some screen caps and did the best I could. I only bring this up so I can tell everyone how it was made. In case they want to do the same.

I took a 12" diameter piece of 1/4" plastic pipe. Not sure it was PVC. It was green if that helps. It is pretty light weight. Cut off a 2" thick piece of it.

Then used plastic chain (also super lightweight) and made a quick release near the collar by cutting a notch in one link. That way if Boushh takes a nose dive, she doesn't pull the wookiee down with her.

I lined the inside of the collar with a very soft velcro for comfort. And also made a easy release strap of velcro to put the collar on and take it off with ease.

Attached a metal ring that looked about the right size to the movie, a rivet hindge system , and a thing to the front to attach the chain.

Weathered it all up and voilà. It was alot of fun. Add a hyperfirm Thermal Detonator (better to troop with then your MR one. Won't break) and your good to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

41. Jack Bauer

sorry double post. my bad.

42. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have to repeat what many others have already written on this thread: That Boussh costume is AWESOME. Really stellar work. And the trooper rig is no slouch, either. :D

Thanks also to Sandman and Jack Bauer for sharing some of their construction secrets. I love picking up tips like that. The ingenuity of costumers, modelers, and other customizers never ceases to amaze me.

43. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

No problem Temponaut. Always willing to help out.

44. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Hey Jack (or Sandman), where's this pic from? It's awesome. :thumbsup

The Wook

45. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

I took it at home in front of a green screen then dropped out the background. This is the picture I submitted to the 501st for the wife's membership. Hopefully they accept it...we shall see.

Todd

46. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

If they don't, I'll pull their arms outta their sockets. ;)

The Wook

47. MonCal

MonCal Well-Known Member

No kidding.. :)
    That is one of the best boushh costumes I've seen. One of these days I'll get back to work on ours ;)

48. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

It's nice to have a Wookie on your side...

49. Buckeye_01

Buckeye_01 New Member

Where did you get the helmet? I am trying to put a Boushh costume together for my wife also.

50. Agrippa

Agrippa New Member

Outstanding.