BOUSHH COSTUME REVEALED!!!

Sandman

Well, I finally finished the wife's Boushh costume. She has been wearing it to various 501st Southern California Garrison events over the last couple of months as we work some kinks out of it. I have yet to install the voice changer in the helmet and I'm slowly distressing the whole costume. Here are some pics. Unfortunately the flash really washes out the costume and you can't see alot of the distressing. Hope you like it...

Todd
TD1035
SCG

P.S. Yes, that is Grant "the Wook" in the photos...I think he rather enjoyed being led around by my wife.

[IMAGE]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/53775dae/bc/Photos/zAbilityFirstBoushhrsg.jpg?BCeC2oDBdu3qBTB3[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/53775dae/bc/Photos/zAbilityFirstsmgrouprsbbrs.jpg?BC7K2oDB4a1ESfGo[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/53775dae/bc/Photos/Trooper+and+Boushh.jpg?BC7K2oDBzMa4s447[/IMAGE]

Sandman,
New users are not allowed to post pics on the forum. You will have to post the URLs.

FWIW, if you hit the "reply w/quote" you can see the code in original posters message. I tried to copy/paste the URLs into a new browser window, but I kept getting "you don't have permission to view this page" :angry

I'd love to see the costume. Double check your URLs and post those.

Hey everyone,

My buddy Todd, who just joined the RPF as Sandman, made an awesome Boushh costume for his wife. Since he's having a bit of trouble posting pics, I'll post one of his wife with me at a recent charity event in soCal. The cool backdrop was on loan to us from JPL.

When you get a chance, please welcome Todd (Sandman) to the board. He's a great guy, has a kick-a$$ Sandtrooper costume, and his wife's Boushh costume he made is steller too.

The Wook

zabilityfirstboushhrsgfpb.jpg

Thanks guys for welcoming Todd. Here's a pic of him and his wife at the same charity event as the pic I posted of her and me above. Todd's got the best sound system of any trooper I've met. I love hearing his radio chatter, because too many troopers don't go that extra mile with the sound effects. And it really adds to the overall costume presentation and character performance. Todd's got it down.

The Wook

zToddGailAFw.jpg

Wow. Those are great costumes. I's like to say "fantastic job..." to both of you The Wook and Sandman. Thanks for sharing the pics.

From one newbie to another...Welcome Todd. Excellent job on the Boushh costume.

BTW: How tall is Grant? He makes a great Wookie/

Originally posted by The Wook+Dec 17 2005, 10:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Wook @ Dec 17 2005, 10:11 PM)</div>

Ok, nice reference picture, now where is the costume ? ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-Firespray
@Dec 18 2005, 05:01 AM
BTW: How tall is Grant? He makes a great Wookie/

He already played Chewie for LFL on some occasions (I think. . right?)

Originally posted by Kris@Dec 18 2005, 03:06 AM
He already played Chewie for LFL on some occasions (I think. . right?)
[snapback]1138387[/snapback]​

Yes, I work for LFL. And I genuinely appreciate the compliments on my costume boys, but let's try to keep this thread on topic. Todd's a new member and he's showing us his awesome Boushh.

One of the things I love best about his Boushh is the weathering on the gun. As someone who's owned and used real guns (rifles, shotguns, pistols) since I was 10 years old, I know what real weathered gun metal looks like. And Todd really nailed it. Obviously it becomes most apparent when scrutinized up close, but it is amazing. :thumbsup

The Wook

Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone. Sorry about the initial post...I think my pic hosting service is having some issues :angry

As far as the weathering on the costume, I'm still working on it V E R Y
S L O O O W L Y. Don't want to over do it. Unfortunately the flash really washes out the costume and you can't see a lot of the weathering already there. I'll try and post another pic that shows some more detail. This picture was taken by Britt Dietz at the FIDM closing gala.

Thanks again guys and gals.
Todd
TD1035

[IMAGE]http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/Galleries/FIDM-12-10-05/images/IMG_6378.JPG[/IMAGE]

Love the Boushh. I know what you mean about cameras not catching weathering - wish I could see it 'live'.

Welcome to the boards.

Gen

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back