Book of Secrets: Original Vs Sarednab/TazVader Replica

Sarednab

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi to all!

I was lucky to have one of the original Book of Secrets made by Ross MacDonald in my collection and it is....I can't find a correct word for it!!!!

Incredible!!!! :love:love

Maybe some people asked how much our replica is close to the original! :cool

This is some pics for you boys! ;)

PS: Don't ask me other pics for the original Book of Secrets, you'll see it in my next update for my website, "Sarednab's World Props"! :love

img5239c.jpg

img5241ai.jpg

img5242n.jpg

By looking at those pics it looks like your replica book is damn close to the original! WOW. Congrats my friend.

Hey Pasquale... it finally arrived ?!! WOW congrats.....this is realy amazing.
Many thanks for the comparison shoots. Didn't expected the colors of the original BoS to be that "redish". Hmmm.... screenshots never tells the truth, at least in respect of coloring....ehehe

Holy !?%$ ... That is one BIG watch. :eek

Oh, that is also a nice looking book.

Best,
DBCooper

Its Italy... You can see the special Mafia ring and watch, with lots of special gadgets in it... :lol

Nice book...

I dont remember the price but it was a 5 at the beginning?!? :)

That's not actually a watch, its a camera as well as a laser measuring tool for covert prop measuring. Designed especially for "No Photos" action.

Wonderful pics. We came REALLY close:)

Best
Taz

I started to age and weather mine. I also got a more red color by going over the entire book with brown shoepolish.

Dsc03540.jpg

Last edited:
@Brad...great additional aging/coloring. I realy like it :) Congrats
Would love to see it once the aging is finished!

That's awesome that you have the original Book of Secrets! How in the world did you get your hands on that beauty?! Also, is that a screen-used copy or one of the replicas Ross makes?

Last edited:
This is one of the Book that Ross made during production. Everything you buy from his website was made during production and remained to him. When he'll finish these remained Book he'll never offer this again and I think he still have only one available.

This is one of the Book that Ross made during production. Everything you buy from his website was made during production and remained to him. When he'll finish these remained Book he'll never offer this again and I think he still have only one available.

Thanks Sarednab!
Ah, so you're the collector from Italy that Ross mentioned. :lol I have just emailed Ross, and he mentioned that he had three, two of them were already sold to collectors in Italy (must be you) and Spain, leaving only one left, as you said. I have asked him to reserve me the copy, and will be purchasing it from him soon. I'm glad I got to him before he stopped making them completely. :)
Btw, thank you so much for posting the pictures of the original BoS on your website! Seeing those pics is what made me decide to purchase that masterpiece, and add it to my collection.

Quick question though. Where do you store your props, such as the original BoS? I'm new to collecting, and have no idea where to put the original BoS once I get it. :confused
I was thinking of framing it, maybe, but I doubt they make any frames out there that could store a book, unless I get it custom made (which can be rather expensive)...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back