Book Help

Smokiebear

Hi everyone, I need help with a project. I am working on making 3 books for my capstone project, I am a graphic design major, and I plan on using silkscreening and wood blocks probably with my project, and I plan on leather tooling the covers. I am wanting to make the book pretty large like 20x18 or something like that and I want it to look full and thick, but what I'm wondering and asking help for is how to make the books look fuller without having to print 900 pages each? I would like to get away with as few pages as I can get because I has to be all done by April... I would greatly appreciate help with this project.

Use thick paper?

You could also stick in various inserts, like long ribbon bookmarks or pressed & dried plant clippings.

-Mike J.

Who says they actually have to be printed? A local (commercial) print shop should be able to cut paper to whatever size you want and as thick, too.

Hi everyone, I need help with a project. I am working on making 3 books for my capstone project, I am a graphic design major, and I plan on using silkscreening and wood blocks probably with my project, and I plan on leather tooling the covers. I am wanting to make the book pretty large like 20x18 or something like that and I want it to look full and thick, but what I'm wondering and asking help for is how to make the books look fuller without having to print 900 pages each? I would like to get away with as few pages as I can get because I has to be all done by April... I would greatly appreciate help with this project.

yeah , when i worked at a printshop we could cut anything in stacks of 500 etc. , that would the the route to go. you could print a few dozen for the first pages and them all the rest blank.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, I will look into that. I think I've figured a way to only have to make one book actual print paper with pages, which will hopefully help with the cost and time consuming part of it. (I plan to make one book steam punk and have inside the pages a digital picture frame with some posters I've worked on for my internship under some metal cover that I can place gears and stuff on. And then the other I think I will try some illusion thing...but i'm not sure what...make it look like a book but its like a web page or something....idk yet...

BTW I love this site! ^_^
The people here were a total life saver when I was taking my rhino and sculpture class and needed help on how to make props.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back