BoneHunter Bio Helmet Mod in AVP Game

Uratz

Sr Member
Howdy

Some AVP game fan approached me and wanted a BoneHunter Helmet collab so I did to see what it would look like. Although the game dont let you add your own
shape model it does allow you to mod the bump maps and textures including a surface map like this P1 Bio. This guy Chris modded it last night and it looks like this below.

This is just a test to see how everything would work. Chris wanted custom armor image files over the existing armor but I gotta stretched them over in photoshop which is a trick in itself.
Anyway its just for fun.

I will ask him to share the file and post a link later if anyone is interested. He's perfecting it now and below are some game screenshots.

AvP2010-09-2821-17-16-60.jpg

AvP2010-09-2821-16-53-95.jpg

AvP2010-09-2821-16-29-17.jpg

AvP2010-09-2821-16-14-54.jpg

AvP2010-09-2821-15-55-06.jpg

AvP2010-09-2821-15-48-28.jpg

AvP2010-09-2821-15-36-84.jpg

BoneHunter_RED_512x512copy.jpg

BoneHunter_Green_512x512copy.jpg

BoneHunter_512x512copy.jpg

BoneHunter_Silver_512x512copy.jpg

that's pretty damn cool , Mike.
i have no clue how people do this kind of thing, so to me it is absolutely amazing.

that's pretty damn cool , Mike.
i have no clue how people do this kind of thing, so to me it is absolutely amazing.

I have no idea either. I was told to stretch "skin over form" for the BH. So I took all angles of pics of BH from each angle and stretch over the image for the game.
Then the dude just added surface bumps where I would have raised/indented parts. The game render engine did the rest to give it "life."

I have no idea either. I was told to stretch "skin over form" for the BH. So I took all angles of pics of BH from each angle and stretch over the image for the game.
Then the dude just added surface bumps where I would have raised/indented parts. The game render engine did the rest to give it "life."
Hey Mike,
Were you using the images from my reference thread or did the gentleman in question just gave you the image to manipulate?
Aliens vs Predator 3 Pictures

Hey Mike,
Were you using the images from my reference thread or did the gentleman in question just gave you the image to manipulate?
Aliens vs Predator 3 Pictures

The dude gave me 8 bit Targa files that were directly taken from the game files. I had to convert them in Photoshop and resaved them to Jpeg so that
i can post them here. Tga files don't show up on boards here since they are like game files usage only.

Hey Uratz. If you can give me a side/front/bottom/top view of your bio all from the same distance, I can try and do a full on model of it for you

Hey Uratz. If you can give me a side/front/bottom/top view of your bio all from the same distance, I can try and do a full on model of it for you

I'll send u a bunch of pics that has Hi Res angles. You'll need to look at them and do a bit of work since most of them aren't really straight on side or full frontal.
The bio has a curvature so its hard to get full flat angles. Let me PM you.

That is fine. It is organic so that makes it much easier to sculpt. A frontal shot would really help simply for placement of eyes and overall width of the bio. It would be a fun project for me to do on my spare time from classwork. The 16th is the deadline for my eve model so I will want something else to work on in my free time

That is fine. It is organic so that makes it much easier to sculpt. A frontal shot would really help simply for placement of eyes and overall width of the bio. It would be a fun project for me to do on my spare time from classwork. The 16th is the deadline for my eve model so I will want something else to work on in my free time

Just sent u a pm. Will need your email address so I can send u the filez. Are you working on the EVE ship design contest?

Yup! I thought it was really awesome and since I love sci fi, it gives me a really good reason to take a stab at a ship design. I have it kind of blocked out right now. Sent you my email brother!

Yup! I thought it was really awesome and since I love sci fi, it gives me a really good reason to take a stab at a ship design. I have it kind of blocked out right now. Sent you my email brother!

OK! Files sent. I've included the Ghoul Hunter Ship Ai file. Its got the Side and top view. Not Front view yet.

The dude gave me 8 bit Targa files that were directly taken from the game files. I had to convert them in Photoshop and resaved them to Jpeg so that
i can post them here. Tga files don't show up on boards here since they are like game files usage only.
Same here of course the I had to download different methods being since I didn't have a NVIDIA graphics card.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back