Bone Samurai Costume W.I.P.

Pred Haster

Hello.

I started a new costume after receiving my Ghoul Hunter armor pieces from Mike (Uratz) and my Bone neck ring from Lee (Skunk).
I was lucky to find at a cheap price the "Do" (chest) and "Tare" (cod and hips) Kendo armor on Ebay.
So, after seeing the Samurai Predator from Bovine13, I changed my previous project on a "Bone Samurai Hunter".

I used to participate at LARPs (Life Area Role Playing Games), so I wanted to be abble to use this costume both for LARPS (as a Chaotic Warrior) and for my Predator costume.

So in this topic, I show you only the armor parts as the other parts of my predator costume (skin, head, Bio, etc.) are at my home in Reunion Island and I actually live in a small room in Paris for few months.

I am sorry for the bad quality of the pics. I took them with my cellular phone.

The gauntlets. I had to resize them because they were really too big for my little arms. I recasted the spikes in latex in order to have something safe for LARPS

photo0162o.th.jpg.png
photo0163e.th.jpg.png

The gothic shoulder bell. I recast the spikes in latex in order to have something safe for LARPS too. I will have probably to order an other one from Mike, but I hesitate beetween the same one or the ridged one. Or trying to sculpt my own design...
photo0164d.th.jpg.png
photo0166b.th.jpg.png

The chest. I sculpted and casted in resin a upper bone part with a little trophy skull. I painted a "Mon" on the chest.
photo0170z.th.jpg.png

The "Tare". I fixed some parts from Uratz (Alien Mandible + cod part) and casted the other parts (bone hips plates + some skulls)
photo0169o.th.jpg.png

The calf gauntlets. I just painted them.
photo0174i.th.jpg.png

The "Oni Mempo" (Japanese Devil mask). I sculpted and casted it too. Only for my LARP costume. Or maybe for the second shoulder bell...
photo0175s.th.jpg.png

The different parts on my bed
photo0176v.th.jpg.png
photo0178p.th.jpg.png

Next time, I will post some pics with the costume on me and with my LARP weapons (Katana + Naginata)

I hope you appreciate it !

Thank you for the kind comments.

I made some fitting test today because I have to finish my suit within 2 weeks for my next LARP.

Here the Ninja "tabi" boots + calf gauntlets + pants and "Tare".

photo0179mq.th.jpg.png
photo0182v.th.jpg.png
photo0180g.th.jpg.png

Next pics : the top of the suit !

love how you modded mikes sculpts,really dig the colors you have chosen.Looking at it i think i see where you going with it,cool stuff bro.

Thanks everyone for the comments, in particular from old members that are references on this forum for their beautifull suits ! :(

A small update tonight.
I had some resin tusks / spikes left from Mike, so I suddenly decided to add some of them on my chest with bondo today.
photo0207p.th.jpg.png

photo0210fx.th.jpg.png

photo0209h.th.jpg.png

photo0208r.th.jpg.png

Now, I think the chest design matchs more the gauntlets and the gothic shoulder bell. What do you think of this change ?

Of course, I still need to paint them in bone colors.

Thanks everyone for the comments, in particular from old members that are references on this forum for their beautifull suits !

A small update tonight.
I had some resin tusks / spikes left from Mike, so I suddenly decided to add some of them on my chest with bondo today.

Now, I think the chest design matchs more the gauntlets and the gothic shoulder bell. What do you think of this change ?

Of course, I still need to paint them in bone colors.

makes me want to add some to my chest plate. that came out nice!

:(

I'm glad my armor design works for non Predator uses :( The bone color is growing on me. I'm gonna paint a bonehunter I have in that color scheme.

I'm glad my armor design works for non Predator uses :( The bone color is growing on me. I'm gonna paint a bonehunter I have in that color scheme.

haha, that's always been my plan, just waiting for ALL of the pieces before i paint.

A small update today.

I also decided to add some tusks / spikes on the different plates of the "Tare". I really prefer it like this now !

Here the pics :

photo0221nq.th.jpg.png
photo0228e.th.jpg.png
photo0230rm.th.jpg.png
photo0231u.th.jpg.png

I have finished also some last adjustments for the chest, shoulder bell and arms. I will make some pics tonight.

This suit is looking awesome so far! Will you be getting predator skins or just the mask?

I already have a skin I made using the Mr Incredible tutorial and a Pete Manders Wolf mask. I also have a nice Mamba Bio from Skunk.
But, as I said in the first post of this topic, they are not in the same place that where I live for the moment.
So I will have to wait within the next year for making pics of the complete suit with skin and mask.

So,for the moment I want to use the armor for some LARPS as a chaotic samurai warrior or maybe a drow. ;)

Hi.

I put on me my costume today but I was alone to take some pics. So, I'm sorry for the poor pictures, we don't see very well the entire suit on them.
But I hope you will enjoy these new ones :

complet1.th.jpg.png
complet3c.th.jpg.png
complet2.th.jpg.png
complet5.th.jpg.png
complet6.th.jpg.png
complet7.th.jpg.png
complet8.th.jpg.png

I realize that I forgot to put on me the Bone neck ring... ;)

So I think, now I will wait to be at my LARP in two weeks to have some nice pics of my complete suit taken by my friends.
It will be in some old farms and old towers in the middle of France ! Perfect for taking some great pictures !

are you in the witness protection program?

it looks real good man. keep it up!

Lol, no sorry.
This is just because one of my friends had a bad experience with some of his pics on facebook. He did not get a new job because the human ressources director of this company saw some of pics of him making parties and though he was not enough serious for the job. So my friend is now in trial with this company... :D

I think in USA, this kind of issue can not be abble, but in France, companies are "old scool" !

So that's why I prefered modify my pics and also it makes them more "secret identity" for a "bone ninja warrior" !!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back