Boba Fett: The Movie

Well he did design the greatest feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, he's a good close friend to Lucas... Lucas lets all the spoofs, movies, and tv shows (Family Guy, anyone??) about Star Wars have at it... WTH why not. I wanna see SW ORIGINS: Boba Fett. And also SW ORIGINS: Han Solo, and finally... SW ORIGINS: YODA!!!

(This is only my opinion and i have no way of convincing Lucasfilm to do any of these ideas)

De-mystify away. This 'character' was always just a dull cypher for me. There's nothing to wreck here. Let Johnston do whatever he wants with the boring sod.

De-mystify away. This 'character' was always just a dull cypher for me. There's nothing to wreck here. Let Johnston do whatever he wants with the boring sod.

The most over-rated character in the history of movies. Been sayin' it for years. He's got what, four lines.

Let them give him some depth so he deserves his reputation.

I loved how Clone Wars said he wasn't a Mandalorian anything.....so sorry.

Won't happen.

A TV show might be entertaining, though. Sadly, there isn't even enough footage of Boba Fett in the films to do one of those recut TV show intros like, say, The Rockford Files or Boba Fett: PI.

I'm certainly not against the idea, but there are a lot of interesting characters out there who weren't killed by a blind man with a stick.

Maybe one way to cut through some of the hate since the prequels :wacko and face it this could be a way to get some backstory on some of the characters-think of a whole movie about Fett and his people!

Then you could fit in a story on the early days of the Jedis and Sith,I've always said the Star Wars setting is just ripe with all kinds of off and side stories so why not?

But I do agree with keep Lucas hands off,he's gone a bit crazy

Done with today's technology and someone other than the ranch owner it can be in one version with no remakes, special editions or added in stuff 20 years from now. Plus no more repeated actions or sayings as if the episodes are part of a song.

Boba lost his dad and cant let go because there are 2 million of his clones walking around. Add in that he was raised by a super rich bounty hunter and knows his way around the Slave I ship (similar to Ani flying at a young age) He does need a story to tell and more feeling. X Men First Class gave more depth and feel to the characters throughout the original movies

Drama first, Action-Fantasy-Adventure second

As long as Lucas doesn't have anything to do with the story or even making it, then it should be fine.

George%20Lucas-200x300-1.jpg

"Well i have always pictures boba fett as a girl under that helmet. So with this movie i will finally be able to show my original version of boba fett"....."oh yeah, she is going to have a talking duck as her copilot"-- George Lucas

I think it sounds like a really cool concept. It couldn't demistify the character anymore to me, the prequels did that!!!! PLEASE keep Lucas away though.

You would not even need Logan. Just toss Temuera Morrison back in the armor and call it. As long as for all of his toughness, he still goes out like a B...h in the Sarlacc.

If they do this I have them letting him survive the Sarlacc like they did in the old Marvel comic series.

Only to be swallowed again at the end of that issue, as I recall.

It wasn't until the Dark Horse Comics series Dark Empire that he was finally revealed to have permanently escaped.

I can't imagine this being good, but I would just love to see Joe go back and take another stab at the character/costume design. For me, that would be far and away the coolest part, but then again, that always has been what is so awesome about Boba Fett, not the character, but the design. As MicDavis pointed out, Boba Fett is the most overrated character in Star Wars, but I stand by the belief that of all the costumes in Star Wars, Boba Fett's is still the best!

Boba Fett is the most overrated character in Star Wars, but I stand by the belief that of all the costumes in Star Wars, Boba Fett's is still the best!

Exactly! It's why we all saved up our proof of purchases to send away for the action figure, we bought the T-shirts, loved the Holiday Special sequence, etc. Overrated, but cool as ice. :cool

Not sure how I feel about it being a movie, but I'd go see it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back