Blank firing Blade Runner Blaster - Advice needed.

Only every build. :) I just finished a big build for a film up in Canada, and every single thing was a battle. Right up to packing it up for shipping. But man, it always feels amazing to finish. And that blaster wants to be completed!

Yep, the God of Building Props/Models are never far enough in terms of making your life miserable...goes with the hobby/job.
Looking mighty good so far (y) (y) (y)

YOU... WILL... COMPLY!!!!

IMG_20200618_172533251.jpg

IMG_20200618_172647308.jpg

lol your gonna be in a very small elite group of B.R. BLASTER OWNER'S when this baby is done I think the "purist's" can let it slide... if they actually read your entire build thread bro... ;) I personally would NOT worry about it. I owned an offworld blaster and was on cloud nine with it. but man, you upped the game with a blank firing replica. and I am smiling for ya right now! :D

Congrats on a successful test fire. I'm curious to know what your side covers looked like afterwards.

They're just fine. All the gas goes out the front. and each cover is attached with 2 M3 screws into the composite material that is WAY harder than the Zamak the kit is made from. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable waving this thing around with a Zamak base gun. This sucker is HEAVY. And I have an all metal DL-44. Poor Harrison got the shaft with these live-fire blasters ;)

- edit -

Actually, the kit may be made out of pewter. Even softer.

Last edited:
Well, crap. :( I'm having an issue with forming and attaching the second trigger because with the 3-4mm added length the trigger guard is too short to accurately attach the second trigger.

So I figured if we can lower the breadth of the trigger guard and extend the length we can make it work. Tried it before with negative results but I'm thinking the concept is sound but the execution is flawed. Looked up the melting point of pewter and it's 360-450F depending on the metals that make up the alloy.

Since I have 2 trigger guards due to Michelle's (sorry I misspelled your name so much, brother. I was going off REALLY old posts from research into this prop) awesomeness.

Soooo... I thought what if you heat it up in the oven for 300F for 5 minutes? Could you then just form it by hand?:

IMG_20200621_142308620.jpg

And the answer is absolutely not:

IMG_20200621_144155247.jpg

Ugh... I have one more shot and failure will be a no-crap source of aggravation. Does anybody have a suggestion? 250F for 2 minutes? Don't even think about it? help!!!

man that sucks! maybe buy a strip of aluminum the same width and thickness at a hobby/hardware store etc. and use your pewter one as a "template" and make your own jig?!? :unsure:

I 2nd the aluminum strip. But, I have the same trigger guard and was going to use a hair dryer to warm up the metal since the margin of error is so narrow with that material

I've made numerous BR blaster trigger guards from flat stock aluminum (and once out of flat stock copper for a steampunk version) I picked up at tractor supply or home depot. You can heat it up with a heat gun, or a hair dryer and bend it easily.

I use 1/2" wide stock, I can't remember the thickness off hand though, but you'll see that some is very thin, and some is thicker. It comes in like 8 foot lengths I think, so you have plenty of room to mess them up, bend them however you need to, etc.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back