Blakes 7 Federation Blaster

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by LRL, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LRL

LRL Member

[​IMG]

All the materials come in meter lengths, so you end up building three of em. Just as well in my case as it took me three goes before I got decent reference material (from this forum), and there's three legs on the tripod I hacked up to make the stock, so it all worked out. With lights and sound, it's not a display piece, it's a TOY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Felgacarb

Felgacarb Well-Known Member

Nice build! Now I understand your desire for lights and batteries! I'll have to watch some Blake's 7 one day...

3. LRL

LRL Member

Oooh no, don't do that. I have great affection for Blakes 7, but it hasn't aged well.

4. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Love the work on it, big fan of B7 as you can probably tell. I've got one of the Fed rifles that someone made, not as nice as yours as the stock is rigid, but mine is black in color. Did yours just get washed out with a red light because it seems awfully red.

5. madmax

madmax Sr Member

COOL I WANT I WANT,is it possible to post progress pics or a tutorial?..pretty please

6. blipper

blipper Sr Member

Sacrilege! Actually I don't think a lot of it aged well even upon it's initial broadcast but there's still gold in them thar hills! :D

Love the prop - good job.

7. Nobby

Nobby Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've wanted one of these for years. But I'm thinking that surely black should be the predominant colour?

8. LRL

LRL Member

No they were never black, but a rather unattractive dog doo brown. I opted for a slightly copperish paint job. See martin bowers site for colours, photos too tiny for much else.

9. idahorandom

idahorandom Member

Yes a WIP would be great!

Love the prop, but I am still devastated by the final episode I watched when I was like 13 years old....:cry

10. LRL

LRL Member

Sorry, no wip pics, but I seem to remember someone else building, well three I suppose, with wip. Just checked, it was nestene1

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  11. Antinmarple

Antinmarple New Member

check this one out:-
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blakes-7-Federation-Troopers-Replica-Rifle-/290655155983?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item43ac65b70f

12. Antinmarple

Antinmarple New Member

13. Nobby

Lol, is that guy serious??

14. LRL

LRL Member

For that price I want to be able to kill rebel scum and all enemies of the Federation with it. Any interest if I do three more?

15. LRL

LRL Member

Actually the handle on the ebay fed gun looks pretty * good, don't like the chrome tape though, or the paint job, but overall, a nice job.

16. Nobby

definitely interested, but how much would we be talking?

17. nestene1

nestene1 New Member

Indeed - currently working on my Federation guns now :) Handles and side-panels now fitted, paint job awaits. I'll add them to this page when I get there.

Nice work, LRL :) Always good to see more of these great props around

18. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

That's super cool, nice build....:thumbsup...:thumbsup

19. Knightjar

Knightjar Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very nice! Shame you didn't get any W|P pics. How about a list of ingredients?