Bladerunner Ennis Tile

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been looking for a full scale Ennis tile but havnt had much success. I did some research and decided to model it myself after finding some decent reference.

Schematic from Eric Lloyd Wright/Wiehle Carr Associated Architects. The dimensions are really difficult to read, but after scaling for an overall dimension of 16"x16" everything laid out perfectly

EnnisBlockDrawing.jpg

I also used a screenshot from the Offecct acoustic tile website as it was more clear but in the end the dimensioned drawing was much more useful.

Ennis Tile drawing.jpg

I modeled in rhino with all of the subtle draft angles which took a lot more time than i thought it would to get right.

ennis tile WIP.jpg

ennis tile WIP2.jpg

The next step will be to 3d print the tile then use it as a vacuum forming buck to do some pulls in ABS as they did in the original movie. Might also try to cast it in concrete for fun.

Does anyone in the San Diego area have a vacuum former that would be willing to help out?

Yep, might as well go to the source material to have exact measurements ;) Looking good so far and eager to see your next update!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back