Blade Runner Voight-Kampff Machine Project

spinner44.com

UPDATE #3: Minor updates at www.vkmachine.com

UPDATE #2: FYI, Gabe Galt (PropRunner) AKA Guz Raz is no longer part of this project as a result of his true identity. All I can say is that I like others were duped. I am without a doubt appalled. Shame on you sir.

For everyone's information Gabe/Guy's participation in the project was only going to be CAD services which have not been used up to this point. I would like to make it clear that the work you see below had no involvement from him as his work on the project had not begun to take form yet.

While I consider this a small setback, THE PROJECT WILL CONTINUE and updates will follow in short.

This has been a very unfortunate occurrence in an otherwise exciting project.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE #1: Main body
Displayed is the initial main body construct to be used for molding.

vk01.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping to be able to show the beginnings of the prototype within the next month. This will be a humdinger of a project. With funding from a private source, including my own, we will create something not seen as yet for Blade Runner fans.

The design will be a merging of the Hero and wide shot versions seen in the film.

The list of features is as follows:

- 3 LCD/OLED screens with pre-produced video feeds
- Articulated servo controlled arm with LED lit eye
- Animated bellows
- LED lighted effects
- Battery powered rechargeable system
- Carry case

As soon as I have more to post, I will. Until then I have set up a site for updates at www.vkmachine.com

Thanks,
John

I will be starting work on the Vk machine, and the parking meters for our fan film in April. Will definately be posting lots of pics.

Like morganthriteen, I am considering making the Vk machine closer to mead's original design. Thought I love the one in the film, so I am VERY torn on how to do it.

The parking meters on the other hand, will match the film.

After that, it's a trafficator, and two vidphones..

Noeland--------------

That photo looks great John, I can't wait to see this thing finished, and of coarse, own one.. :D

Njc-------------------------------------------

At Spinner44's request, we've removed the Prop Runner / Guy Raz post in this thread.

Continuted success with this project. :)

Lonnie
RPF Staff

Been waiting for this for years. Your plan sounds tremendous. Looking forward to updates with great anticipation.

"Indulge me." :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back