Blade Runner Sushi bar

Dereck

Hello. I was wondering if anybody has some pictures of Blade Runner "sushi bar" model.
Quote from Cinefex:
"The 'Sushi bar' was one of out first improv-projects. It was supposed to represent a large section of one of the towers in Hades, with a restaurant and a gas station, and it was constructed all from loose scraps and things i could find in the shop - including an unsuspecting Sparklett's water bottle."

Apart from one picture in Cinefex there is only one i found on internet:

page01_image_03.jpg

It shows Bill George sitting in front of the model. Sushi bar is visible in a couple of shots in movie, for example:

1982_blade_runner_the_final_cut_006.jpg

Here it is the big building in the middle-left part of the shot.

I hope some of you have some good behind the scenes pictures of the tower.

Thank you!!!:)

Yours is about the best photo of it I've seen.

I do have some halfway decent shots, but not as good as yours.

You still want 'em?

-Mike J.

Oh, definitely yes!!!
I would like to collect as many photos as I can, so anything can help!!
Thank you!

Wow!!! Brody, thank you very very much.. There is some very good new angles on your pictures. I really appreciate your effort.

Very cool. This forum was the first time I had seen/read about the Sushi Bar. One of my favorite movies and some of my favorite props. I love the use of metal etched pieces and wires to create that dystopian future. There is a guy that bought up all the black and white prints and a bunch of metal etched parts on yourprops. I keep bugging him to sell to me. I wish I had bought them at Profiles.

Very cool. I never noticed it was supposed to be a sushi bar. I had read about "upper city levels" but this is not what I expected.

Andy

Back