Blade Runner Spinner accuracy 3D model

xeno

Sr Member
I fount this new detailed 3D model for 3D printing, for the Spinner Car.

I was wondering if this can be considered accurate, and maybe experts can share their opinion :)

Attachments

• Spinner 1.jpg
    Spinner 1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 149
To answer my own question....unfortunately it is not.
and the most obvious mistakes are the Spinner logos on the doors and back panel, that are upside down and mirrored ?!
the canopy is the wrong shape
the overall body shape is not good.
and other obvious details are wrong or missing :/

Spinner logo problem.jpg

I read those comments. Nice of you to point it out to them and nice of them to correct and repair the .stl files. Yes, a mistake on the logos in whatever 3D program was used to build it.

I'm printing this right now despite the faults which I'm hoping to correct by reworking areas. Most people when they see it at this scale won't needle it. To them it's a wow factor and for me something to learn on particularly with running fiber optics and lighting board through. That is until my large scale FDM printer arrives this week.

Any suggestions on a better 3D model of the Spinner out there?

I read those comments. Nice of you to point it out to them and nice of them to correct and repair the .stl files. Yes, a mistake on the logos in whatever 3D program was used to build it.

I'm printing this right now despite the faults which I'm hoping to correct by reworking areas. Most people when they see it at this scale won't needle it. To them it's a wow factor and for me something to learn on particularly with running fiber optics and lighting board through. That is until my large scale FDM printer arrives this week.

Any suggestions on a better 3D model of the Spinner out there?

Unfortunately there isn't good accurate 3D model, I was hoping the Gambody version would be accurate enough for a nice build, but the more I look at it, the more faults I see.
I was also secretly hoping one of the 2 Spinner projects here might sell his files, so I can build my own, but I don't see that happening.

So I started to make my own 3D drawings, and using the original blueprints as a guide
I want to build a 1:8 scale version, to fit my 1:8 BTTF Delorean, and be a nice size to hang on the wall :)

Original blueprints, :unsure:. Nice! The one from Propstore lack

That's a shame considering the tools have been out there forever and with such an iconic vehicle as well. 1:8 will be impressive.

I'll just be over here polishing a turd while your making the magic happen over there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back