Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

It's been a productive weekend! Here's the progress to date:

[url]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s480/GoldbergArts/Tomenosuke%20Blaster%20Build/CRW_5192_zps9640b45b.jpg[/URL]

This represents eight individual machining setups:

1) Cut 12 foot stock to blank lengths
2) Centerdrill muzzle end
3) Chamfer muzzle end
4) Surface turn length of barrel
5) Center drill breach end
6) Part off to finished length
7) Center drill breech end (again)
Eight) Cut shoulder

Originally I had planned to make the barrels in batchs of 12 but it turned out to be much more efficient to do each machining step to all 48 pieces, then move onto the next step. So they will all be done at the same time.

Does this mean you'll soon be knocking out your next batch of display stands?:D
Ps...these look awesome, great job!

Almost got mine today. Then I discovered that they've chosen to bill me for the regular Blaster Pro at 84000 yen and not the assembly kit at 49800 yen. Back for more calculations... :(

Who? Danish Customs? That sucks, good luck.

In Australia import duty used to kick in for shipments valued at $400 and above. It was stuck at that rate forever, but what with the low value of the Aussie dollar at the time and the action of inflation, it was really becoming inappropriate. A few years ago the authorities did some sums and bumped the mark up to $1000.

Retailers hated it and are still campaigning against it, but everybody else benefits. Was it pure altruism? Hell no - the authorities worked out that the cost of collecting on anything valued below that rate was actually greater than what they were getting back.

Maybe that'd be true for Denmark too. Start a campaign. :)

Yow. So they're doing it for some policy reason then, not just for revenue. Collecting on a $12 item has gotta represent a pretty decent sized loss.

In the UK you get stung by having to Pay Customs charges and then an administration fee on top which is for delivery from customs to you, even though I've already paid for delivery! I don't mind the fact a Tax charge is imposed but hitting you with a service charge, for a service that would have been provided had it not gone through customs really sucks.

Not at all, they also collect a decent sized fee for letting pay the taxes.

We pay 5% duty on imports valued at $1000 or more, then 10% goods and services tax on the value including shipping and insurance AND the duty, literally a tax on a tax. If it was levied against this kit I'd pay $27.50 duty and $62.75 GST, and a $40 processing fee - total of $130.25.

The fee would need to be bumped to about $110 before they break even. How much do you expect to have to pay in total? I'm just wondering whether Denmark is vastly more efficient (most likely), or if wages are a lot lower than I thought, or what...

In the UK you get stung by having to Pay Customs charges and then an administration fee on top which is for delivery from customs to you, even though I've already paid for delivery! I don't mind the fact a Tax charge is imposed but hitting you with a service charge, for a service that would have been provided had it not gone through customs really sucks.

Has yours arrived yet?

Last edited:
We pay 25% of the items value plus an import fee of 28.5$

I expect the bill should be 153$, but they have billed me 237$

We pay very high taxes in DK, but in return we have free medical, free school and a lot of other benefits.

I didn't dare to hope that I would have anything to post in this tread, but I DO NOW :)
I got my hands on a kit, a friend of mine is in Japan for 6 months and he found one in a shop. Next step, get it to Denmark.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371062570.920067.jpg

I ordered 2 of these. Arrived doorstep to doorstep in 6 days. Thought customs would have had a poke around, but the box was totally sealed and unopened.
I did get charged for the 2 kits, but I suppose that's a little saving on the for a single kit.
Am I happy? Yes, very.

Last edited:
I'm in the UK and ordered 2 of these. Arrived doorstep to doorstep in 6 days. Thought UK customs would have had a poke around, but the box was totally sealed and unopened.
I did get charged £120 for the 2 kits, but I suppose that's a little saving on the £75 for a single kit.
Am I happy? Yes, very.

That's very lucky considering one known kit is currently VERY tied up at UK customs... I hope it goes through.

I'm in the UK and ordered 2 of these. Arrived doorstep to doorstep in 6 days. Thought UK customs would have had a poke around, but the box was totally sealed and unopened.
I did get charged £120 for the 2 kits, but I suppose that's a little saving on the £75 for a single kit.
Am I happy? Yes, very.

Seems like luck of the draw!

Last edited:
its not illegal.... I know that for sure. I already gave them a call, I mailed them....
I just don´t think, its right, that you pay for an express delivery and your blaster is at the customs for over 3 weeks.....:facepalm

I cannot BELIEVE I missed this thread completely until just now! I just spent the last couple of hours reading through the entire thing frantically trying to find where to order and if they're still available! I have been wanting a decent BR blaster for years! and it's a KIT! even better, I love putting things together. This is a good chunk of change for me, I'm going to have to do some pretty serious sweet talking to the wife. Lets see, if I combine father's day, and my birthday which is in two weeks I might be able to swing it. Wish me luck fellas!
And thanks for all the great tips and ideas on painting,weathering, bluing, assembling, etc. I took some good notes.
And Dave, WOW I'm so bummed I missed out on the steel barrel run. Beautiful!

Mate don't wait. It was spendy for me too but this is the last word in blaster kits IMO - metal, alloy isn't too soft, barely any cleanup required, mechanism works great, ordinary cold blueing works great, fasteners all work well, accurate, lights work, heavy, etc. Getting to build it - without the frustrations that have been reported with many other options - is the icing on the cake.

Thing is there's only 300 going overseas and they've been on sale a while now, so you do risk missing out. Beg, borrow or steal!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back