Limited Run Blade Runner - Blaster Mod - .410 dual barrel shotgun "Shorty"

Thanks for the update and I have to admit that I am a little nervous about what UK customs will make of this as they have become really paranoid these days so going the 2 package route might be the best option certainly in Europe. It is possible to import airsoft parts into the UK so a 2 package option as kit parts should be fine. Keep us posted LOL!!

hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on the kits.
production is coming along nicely, and I should be able to finish every ordered kit including test assembly within the next 14 days.
View attachment 1256821View attachment 1256819

I also wanted to let you know, that two of the kits I had already shipped returned to me with the following comment:
View attachment 1256820
It's saying "Weapon" in German, so they considered it to be a real weapon after the xray scan.

Even though I applied for a special permit from the Austrian customs already at the beginning of january and also got written proof that I am allowed to export the kits, the post service at the export facility denied the shippment.
I even already got a permit from the austrian center of commerce since everything is non functional.

Luckily a friend of mine who has an agency for movie stuntman and women and also frequently sends weapon props applied for a special permit via UPS.
His agent at UPS said that export should not be an issue, and that the permit is currently being worked on.

Another option would be to split the shippment into two seperate packages.
Then I could send the resin parts seperately from the aluminum frame, which according to the post service might have caused the problem.

Does this apply the packages that are sent with the EU (ie from Austria to Germany)?
Thanks.

Did you had issues with the full resin kit ? Or it's simply impacting the #3 ?
It should not impact the resin kit. But since I got the message that those two packages returned on the day I wanted to send the two ordered resin kits, I shortly waited and talked with the postal service. The info I got is that most likely the metal parts were the issue.
I will send the two resin kits tomorrow, and send you the tracking numbers right away.
Should it come back to me, I will also consider shipping via UPS.

Thanks for the update and I have to admit that I am a little nervous about what UK customs will make of this as they have become really paranoid these days so going the 2 package route might be the best option certainly in Europe. It is possible to import airsoft parts into the UK so a 2 package option as kit parts should be fine. Keep us posted LOL!!
Since I have some contacts in the film industry in the UK I might be able to just send it to them as a movie prop, and then ask them to forward the package. But in general I think within Europe it shouldn't be an issue.

Does this apply the packages that are sent with the EU (ie from Austria to Germany)?
Thanks.
It shouldn't be a problem to Germany :)
Also, depending on where in Germany you live, I could just make a road trip and personally drop off the package :D

Do I need to give you a code serial number? Or is that only for #2 and #3? If you could add me to the list for #1, with an acrylic stand, that'd be very much appreciated! Also, how do I send the payment... Paypal? Thanks so much!

I would like an acrylic stand as well. Just DM me with payment info if there is a second run. If not and someone overseas has issues I am willing to buy your spot. I am in the US. Even if I am just too late, wanted to say this really came out spectacular and good luck with the run.;)

I would like an acrylic stand as well. Just DM me with payment info if there is a second run. If not and someone overseas has issues I am willing to buy your spot. I am in the US. Even if I am just too late, wanted to say this really came out spectacular and good luck with the run.;)

Sent you a PM.

Good news!!
UPS gave me the permit to send the kits!
And I also got a good offer from them. It'll still be a bit more than originally expected, but I will cover that from my side.
For the next project I know how to calculate ;)

They only also advised me to go to the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and check if I need a certificate for the US.
It's just a suggestion by the UPS contact, but I thought I might as well go all the way now.
IMG_20200219_220444.jpg
got all the infos today and I'll have another appointment there tomorrow.

As I said, it's just a suggestion so I can definitely already send some packages. This is just to make sure the import in different countries goes smoothly.

Anyway, really happy to have the ok from UPS now!! :)

For those of you on the fence, this kit is a fun build. Phil's work and communication has been rock solid. His foresight to include some spare parts was great. Yes the solid resin kit requires a little cleanup, but it's pretty quick.

Here are a few shots of my completed solid resin version. Stand is custom, with fabric lined holders. The name plate mounts with recessed magnets, so you can flip it to display either direction.

You can view more pics of it completed here:
Blade Runner Blaster Mod - .410 "Shorty" dual barrel shotgun

49722593277_b94274417e_b.jpg

49721739748_28df88ba89_b.jpg

49722593147_55bd8e1b1a_b.jpg

49722593117_b91bc3752e_b.jpg

Hi guys!

Just wanted to give you all an update, with the current coronavirus situation.

I managed to set up a small "workshop" at home to continue working even after the lockdown. Both workshops I usually use are currently closed, so after convincing my wife, I set up two of my printers, and I also have several aluminum parts ready for kits. Currently I have shipped 7 kits and have many more parts already prepared at home.
Progress might be a bit slower than expected at the moment.

As for the rest of the aluminum parts for the kits, I will probably order them at a cnc milling service here in Austria to finish up every kit since it is unlikely that the lockdown is lifted soon.

I will reach out to each of you individually and inform you about the status of your kit soon!

Keep safe, and keep healthy everyone!!

Cheer,
Phil

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back