Blade Runner Blaster Colors?

Some food for thought

side.jpg

OH OH here we go again...

It seems the gun when thought many changes and finishes during the fil shoot.

The Dummy which was clearly made off the real styer and bulldog BUT was missing all the LEDs and had the flat butt plate I did for so many years.

Then they added the LEDs and the cut butt plate.

Most likely they ran into light reflection problems on set and would dull coat and even paint the prop for a scene set up.

One "Trick" I was shown by a propmaster was colored hair spray, he would touch up things with colored hair spray, because by Union Rules he could not use any Paint....only a union painter could paint anything on set.

But color hair spray does not hold up well and rubs off easily.

One possable cause of the color and ware we are seeing.

Rich

- The picture makes it quite clear that the rear of the butt plate isn't at a right angle to the bottom. It looks more like the one in my previous picture.
- It appears like there are two leds at the bottom of the Steyr magazine. Are there any other pictures that could confirm this?
- The triggers look very dark on the picture.

Cheers,
Stefan

pretty sure the spot of light at the rear of the mag is just the emblems or whatever...

Anyway, judgements from such a low-res pic are hard to make.

One this is funny though... Talkng about the illusions of refraction of light -- the SIDES of the butt plate look darker in this pic than the bottom does. Reverse of what has been debated for years. But again - ust an illusion...

Well we did over 15 of these pages last time, there are shots where it is dark, there are shots where it is light, there are shots where there is something on the bottom of the butt plate

[attachmentid=8045]

and there are shots where it is clearly silver on the edge and black on the bottom.
[attachmentid=8042]

There are shots that clearly show a bright amber grips...

[attachmentid=8044]

So you can just about pick your version...

Rich

I know. I read all of them.
However, there's always something new to this prop - that's what makes it so interesting. :D

Rich, don't get me wrong about those grips - I think the tansparent orange color is perfectly right, when the light goes through them. However, they look too bright when watched right from the side when they have a silver background. A black background fixes this and it seems plausible that this is the way on the original as the gripframes was blued.

Cheers,
Stefan

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ May 14 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1244179[/snapback]</div>
So you can just about pick your version...

Rich
[/b]

Well stated. A very simple but powerful sentiment in regards to this hobby -- it all comes down to what the individual builder/collector thinks it should be, and how he likes it...

Mmmm my intention was not showing the possibility of a dark buttplate. IN that pic that dark is due to reflections. There is no pic that I have found that shows a dark buttplate, that piece was well polished on the sides but not to a complete mirror like finish. So in this pic the dark areas are reflections of shadowed parts the set.

What I wanted to show is how clearly you can see the gripframe (in a very dark color) and the bulldog original gripframe inside, finished in a lighter shade of grey (use your eye or photoshop color picker).

Thank for the middle pic Rich, I had never seen that one.

I always thought about mottling some pattern in black behind the grips with an airbrush. But I guess that wouldn't be accurate.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back