Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Mr Webber, May 8, 2017.

1. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Here`s a start.
    brp22.jpg brp23.jpg brp24.jpg

Got the original set of replica plates off Ben Whitefall, maybe this will bring him out of retirement.

2. Nostromo2124

Nostromo2124 Active Member

I'm interested if they got some new weapons, the good old PKD is used by deckard and K was handling him too

[​IMG]

But it seems there are even some new guns, something like an automatic pistol used by K too

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if it's an real gun or a fictional ?!

Shoguno and KojiroVance like this.
  3. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Nostromo2124 likes this.
  4. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Found the boots.

EDIT : These are indeed the correct boots but It has been pointed out to me that these boots come in two different height sizes 6" and 8"
    Have tried to confirm which size is the hero but cannot find anything that tells.

brp25.jpg

http://www.militarybootsdirect.com/bates-boots-e07006.html

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  5. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

6. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Sweet. They look really comfortable.

7. Nostromo2124

Nostromo2124 Active Member

Damned..... the only thing you don't wanted to discuss and I just put it in here !!! [emoji30][emoji51]at least anyone knows it now... you don't have to thank me [emoji6][emoji23]

8. the Pawn

the Pawn Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ordered pair before they sell out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. joberg

joberg Master Member

Seems that the new Spinner is based on a Campagna Trike (Montreal based since 1988)....would make sense since Villeneuve is from Montreal also;)

10. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Just found out the boots come in two different heights, 6 and 8 inch, cant confirm the correct one. The size I posted was the 6"

11. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Slightly better cap of K's mystery pistol.

I thought it might be a COP, but I'm not sure.

Attached Files:

doctorwholittle likes this.
  12. doctorwholittle

doctorwholittle Active Member

Nope, definitely not a COP .357. Barrel's too long. I can't really see its full profile, but with that trigger guard, it could be anything from a Sig Sauer to an H&K to a Walther, or anything in between. It could also be a spankin' new cobble-job, ala the original PKD, just waiting for a new forum to decipher.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

KojiroVance likes this.
  13. Buch

Buch Sr Member

Marushin makes a COP with a long barrel.... I don't think that's it though...

doctorwholittle likes this.
  14. joberg

joberg Master Member

You're right Anders, there's a COP with a longer barrel...but it's not it, since Mark has seen the new gun up close and personal;)

doctorwholittle and Buch like this.
  15. Buch

Buch Sr Member

That he has!

On a different note... do you think that Goslings line "I wanna ask you some questions" implies that there's a new VK? :confused

doctorwholittle and veektohr like this.
  16. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

That is way too big overall to be a COP, even with a long barrel. They're on the smaller side. I'm guessing that's a revolver in a shell. It doesn't seem to cycle when it's fired. Could be a total fabricated piece with a CGI muzzle flash too.

17. veektohr

veektohr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's how i read that scene!

Buch likes this.
  18. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Well-Known Member

It looks to be the same gun in the Vanity Fair photo from awhile back.

blade_runner_2049_group.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    KojiroVance likes this.
  19. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I don't know if a new VK will appear in the movie, but I can tell you that the classic version isn't around in 2049....

20. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

If there is it would have a look like it was made by Bang and Olufsen which is in no way a criticism.

Buch likes this.
  21. KojiroVance

KojiroVance Well-Known Member

Concur, the COP was small backup gun, or off-duty backup gun. I'm guessing the firing gun in the trailer is the same over & under auto in the promo shot, as the shot may be from the same set/scene/sequence.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but the latest trailer's teases about some sandy/dusty exterior K travels to ... reminds me of Deckard's climb up the mountain in the book. Probably unrelated, but…

I also think I see a pet in the trailer (cat? dog?). THAT could be interesting, if they continue the thread about android animals and real animals being so expensive. (In the book, Deckard was trying to save up for something for his rooftop menagerie, IIRC.)

Sorry. Back to the topic …*Anyone like the watch Gosling's wearing in that promo pic? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noeland likes this.
  22. doctorwholittle

doctorwholittle Active Member

I don't think they'd go with an airsoft when they have an entire warehouse of weapons to choose from (then again, they may have a Marushin COP in their arsenal, literally). Until there's a better pic of it, I'll be drooling in speculation!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Noeland and Buch like this.
  23. Buch

Buch Sr Member

I'm a simple man. I see Danish design. I upvote :thumbsup

Mr Webber likes this.
  24. joberg

joberg Master Member

No new V.K. in the movie I'm afraid...the "I want to ask you a question" is about something else (that's how I read it).

Buch likes this.
  25. Buch

Buch Sr Member

But... but.... not even a shiny, wireless handheld Apple iVK Pro®?!?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    KojiroVance, Nostromo2124 and Nexus6 like this.
  26. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

^Thread win.^ :thumbsup :thumbsup :lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    Noeland and Buch like this.
  27. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Wallace Corp?

wc.jpg

28. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Leto's character is named Neander Wallace. I hope his middle name isn't "Thall".

29. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

:D Knew who he was but thought he worked for Tyrell Corp as he`s in the same building, looks like he owns the building.:facepalm

At last, some good shots of the new badges.. thoughts? Just DETECTIVE on the badge is interesting.

brb2.jpg

Was really hoping for a proper badge and ID from the movie and its awesome that they are there BUT a leather wallet, hmmm. Decks was one of those polyester velcro jobs. Its the little things. Anyway, eltee and stc carts....Have at it please.

brb1.jpg

HITMAN2049, Noeland and Miles Medic like this.
  30. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

It looks to me like the production design for this film has a very gray pallette. Lots and lots of gray.

The badges are OK. They certainly look well made, and the design seems more realistic than the previous films "force" badges were. These don't seem to have been made with much regard for what came before. Honestly it seems like that can be said for much of the design work done for BR2049.

I'm sure it's unintentional, but this stuff feels a lot like the prop work they did in I, Robot.

31. joberg

joberg Master Member

TFS with us those precious photos Tim;) I like those badges...a lot! As Noeland said, lots of grey in that movie (blue-grey sometimes also). Would like to see the behind the scene of that movie; I'm sure that when the "bad guys/L.A. Police are on screen, that grey palette is present. Seems to me that the orange one is reserved for Deckard;)

Mr Webber and Noeland like this.
  32. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Deckard gets the spots of warm color, yes. Where he lives. His binocs. His Radio. His old blaster grips. Not his clothes though. More gray.

33. Betamin

Betamin Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:lol Ok, that was good.

34. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Sr Member

the gun in question is not a COP, I live in America, I own a .COP .357, it aint it

35. Mike J.

I think it may be the girl's blaster.

Attached Files:

36. zakass98

zakass98 Member

Has anyone started to replicate any of these props yet badges etc.?

37. Win7ermute

Win7ermute Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hmm. Maybe . ..

542692.jpg

Yeah I think you're right. You can see the thick front trigger guard and the blunt angle on the hammer/ rear receiver. Jeez he uses everyones' blaster in this movie.

o6CBx3J.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  38. Win7ermute

Win7ermute Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's Joshi's (Wright) badge and she is a lieutenant, not a Blade Runner (same as Bryant). So we still don't necessarily know what a BR badge looks like. Also, Deckard seemed to carry his ID in a personal wallet (and dressed quirky, and all that), whereas these look like department issued. Still makes sense I think.

39. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

I'm betting K takes that blaster from one of his attackers. Luv works for Wallace, so this style gun is probably corporate issue, while K's is probably department issued. Just guessing based on what I've seen in the trailers.

40. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Same as the ones seen at Comic Con with the sxception of a clear plastic cover over the badge. The ID card looks lit up I Robot style, makes sense as the LAPD on the back of the Patrolman`s coats are also lit up.

Very happy they gave us a beauty shot, now for Deck`s.

K-ID.jpg

41. the Pawn

the Pawn Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am not 100% sure but I believe the first props, including Guns and Spinners, used on the set were all 3D printed. The failure of the props on set, cheap printing material and constant breakage, was one of the reasons The Prop Shop was forced to closed down last summer. This info came from former employee at Disney at Star Wars Celebration this year.

42. rickhoward

rickhoward Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Not as sexy as the firearm discussion, but...
    From a conversation I was part of this afternoon, plus a little regarding book props from the film (in still photos, anyway), and in the second short film.

Pale Fire
    by Vladimir Nabokov. This edition shown is the ISBN 9780399504587, 1980 edition.
    http://anadearmas.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=55799&fullsize=1

The Power and The Glory
    by Graham Greene. Shown in the Nowhere to Run short. The opinion shared is that is a mock up. I did a LibraryThing cover search and wasn't able to find it amongst the 72 covers on record there, so I'm onboard with that idea. I was hoping for an even sharper screen cap than Buch was able to acquire and share, but I think what I've included here is no better than his good work. He was first to point out the interesting cover art. Very late '60s or early '70s vibe. That or a 1980s book of the month club edition... [​IMG]

https://rickhoward.smugmug.com/Blade-Runner-2049-Screen-Captures/i-jDdntLN

My opinion is that the font on this cover is Eloquent JF Pro Italic https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/cbx-jukebox/eloquent-jf-pro/italic/

astrodabu likes this.
  43. joberg

joberg Master Member

Thanks for that info Rick and yes, another of those obscure prop to have;)

44. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

https://www.wired.com/2017/09/behind-the-scenes-blade-runner-2049-sequel/

"For 2049, Harlocker and his team fashioned an exact replica of the iconic original. They tracked down the blaster’s owner, a collector who’d snagged it at auction. He flew the sidearm to LA, where they meticulously photographed and measured every inch. They reverse-engineered three identical copies, using parts from the same revolver and rifle vintages as the original, then distressed them to look timeworn. “We went to incredible lengths to make sure what we put in Harrison Ford’s hand was something he recognized.”"

Well that doesnt jive with what we heard about them modifying a Tomenosuke...

blade_gallery8-1.jpg

45. veektohr

veektohr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Now that we've finally seen the reverse sides, I'm kinda disappointed the new blasters are symmetrical : /

So far pretty much all of my favorite quirks of the original blaster have been left behind.

46. Mike J.

Liberated some pics from the WIRED article.

Attached Files:

wakeuptimetodie likes this.
  47. joberg

joberg Master Member

TFS Mike J:cool Interesting cuffs!

48. cratercritter

cratercritter Well-Known Member

I like the double-barrel blaster pistol....the one that does not look like a camera lens.

49. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

50. ecl

ecl Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow neat!

This movie is looking pretty * good.