Blade Runner 2049 Joi's Emenator

Guiderail came in and WOW that thing is small, yet sturdy.
I think this might be the most expensive thing per mass unit i own...
PXL_20220330_093851730 - Copy.jpg

Physical build done. Decided against an Instructable for now as theres really not that much to it for now. Just print, paint and assemble.
Will do an Instructable for the "expensive version" with the metal rail and the electronics.
For now here are the STLs: JOI Emanator Blade Runner 2049 by MatterWiz

Attachments

• PXL_20220330_151602302 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20220330_151602302 - Copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20220330_151620180 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20220330_151620180 - Copy.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 131
  • PXL_20220330_151641149 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20220330_151641149 - Copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
  • PXL_20220330_151659947 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20220330_151659947 - Copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
Quick disclaimer: I have been and will probably continue to update the parts on the thingiverse for better fitment, more rigidity etc., so if you want to build it make sure to download the newest version (as opposed to downloading now and printing in a few weeks/months)

Electronics prototype is working. Only problem left now is that the DFPlayer is just the tiniest bit too wide... might have to shave down the sides a bit but we'll have to see if its still working afterwards. Luckily theyre pretty cheap so I'm fine with breaking one in the name of science.

Life has been busy but I now have all the parts for the full build and have started printing the parts for the final version. Still haven't put the soundboard under the dremel but that will be the next step.

Life has been busy but I now have all the parts for the full build and have started printing the parts for the final version. Still haven't put the soundboard under the dremel but that will be the next step.
Just caught up to what you’ve been doing - LOVE the sound option here! You planning to offer fully painted/working units one could buy? This is literally the last thing I’ve always wanted for my BR2049 collection

Just caught up to what you’ve been doing - LOVE the sound option here! You planning to offer fully painted/working units one could buy? This is literally the last thing I’ve always wanted for my BR2049 collection
I've been bouncing back and forth between doing a full run and only doing kits. Either way it would be during my summer break, so NET August.

it all fits on one build-plate, except for the core, which needs to be printed vertically. Also the ring for the LED obviously needs to be printed seperately in transparent resin.
Screenshot 2022-05-19 165346.png

It's with a heavy heart that I have decided to kill the sound feature. I just cant fit all the electronics in the unit without compromising screen accuracy. If anyone knows about a sound-module that is smaller than the DFPlayer I might work that in at some later time, but at this point I've been working on this on and off for like 9 months so I really just want to get it done. Also powering the sound-module off the 1025 cells ive been planning on does not seem to work.
I'm gonna finish the emanator with only the LED in the next few weeks and then set up a project run for the kits. This is the first time I'm doing anything like this so forgive me if there are any hiccups along the way.

Sorry to hear that as the sound feature was looking and sounding great. Just a thought but if you ever decided to go with making the case you could always incorporate the sound module in that so for example when you took it out the module would play the start up and when you put it back it played the shutdown tone. Just an idea and would definitely be interested in one if you went that route.

Sorry to hear that as the sound feature was looking and sounding great. Just a thought but if you ever decided to go with making the case you could always incorporate the sound module in that so for example when you took it out the module would play the start up and when you put it back it played the shutdown tone. Just an idea and would definitely be interested in one if you went that route.
The case is definitely on my (very long) project list;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back