Blade Movie - Zero Budget Build (Help Needed)

nickc

I finally decided on my next 'zero budget' build and have chosen the modified Mac 11 machine gun from Blade.

The main issue is that here in Canada, it is extremely hard to get my hands on an Airsoft Mac 11 and if I could, they are expensive... hence the decision to build my own.

I would appreciate it if anyone who either owns a mac 11 or has access to one, could take a few pictures of it (each side, front, top etc.) and indicate major dimensions.

Once I get this I can then start planning my construction, source my materials and document my build.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Nick

GOOGLE is your friend

I just typed in "MAC 11 Sub-machine gun" and I got all this.

LINK

I had tried Google and found plenty of pictures, history etc.. but no images with dimensions that I could use for this project.

That's why I turned to the forum for help.

Thanks

I had tried Google and found plenty of pictures, history etc.. but no images with dimensions that I could use for this project.

That's why I turned to the forum for help.

Thanks

Do you use SketchUp or similar?

HERE are some specs with dimensions. If you can import the image, trace it, you can then scale it to be 1:1 or close enough to.

Hey Nick,
I was the Set Prop Master on Blade, and this might help here is one of the rubber Macs from the Movie.
Let me know if you need anything else.
AL
Mac-1.JPGMac-2.JPGMac-3.JPGMac -4.JPGMac-5.JPGMac-6.JPGView attachment 488403Mac-7.JPG

Thanks to CAVX for the suggestion and link. I have tried Sketchup in the past but never mastered it... maybe it's time for a revisit.

Thanks to BLASTMASTER for the images and dimensions, these will be a tremendous help.

If I have any further questions I will definitely let you know.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back