Black Series Darth Vader Helmet Mod Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Jennigirl, Apr 13, 2018.

1. DarkLyte

DarkLyte Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll PM you the dimensions of it. However save yourself some time with the original speaker holder and take the original plastic mesh grill to a belt sander. I was able to make mine half as thick and it gave me tons of room to fit the Fram mesh and some thinner black mesh in between. Everything fit perfectly.

2. DarkLyte

Why not?? Get one!

3. StephenMG

StephenMG Member

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

When I replaced my lower grill mesh I wanted to keep everything unmolested so I could replace the original parts if required - hence I made my own speaker mount. There's no chance I can replace the original grill now though! :lol: No matter, it'll all fit fine once I use Fram mesh instead!

4. Solos blaster

Solos blaster Sr Member

Because now I think I’d have to mod it first lol.

DarkLyte likes this.
  5. bwize

bwize Well-Known Member

I finally got around to picking this up off ebay and love it. I plan on giving it the 2 tone paint scheme and replacing the grills with metal ones as well as the tusks. One thing I have noticed that I have not seen anyone else address, is the gap/cutout on the lower eye lense where it meets the cheek. I assume that this is for air ventilation, but I plan on cutting a custom piece of plastic to fill in the open space as this will be a display piece.

Is everybody else's mask have the cutout on the lower eye lens or is mine just not fit right?

6. zjunlimited

zjunlimited Active Member

Same on mine.

7. bwize

bwize Well-Known Member

Cool, thx. I was a little worried that mine was messed up.

8. DarkLyte

It's so when you wear the helmet, your body heat has somewhere to vent so the lenses don't fog up.

DiggsBarklightr likes this.
  9. streetspider

streetspider New Member

I have the hasbro one with the weird shaped hood or dome i was trying to figure out how to cut it and reshape it, its kind of to pointy at the middle brow between the eyes

10. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

Great upgrades...I see this helmet like a 1:1 version of the small small Riddell Vader Reveal helmet.Not really accurate..but nice to have.I still have one in my collection.(y)
    As I was young my dream was to scan and cast this small Riddell one in 1:1 that I can wear it.:)

clancampbell likes this.
  11. frogfreak

frogfreak Active Member

That would be kinda interesting.

12. StephenMG

StephenMG Member

Now we're getting somewhere. I originally just extended the neck and fitted real metal grills but the sight of that HUGE Hasbro chin vent finally got to me and I had to shrink it. I've gone for the sharp-cornered ANH look. Just got the black parts to paint before I fit the grills and put it all back together (again!).
    ANH-grill.jpg

Jesse Atteberry likes this.