Black Series Boba Fett Re-Armored Repaint

Need to decide which color I want to go with, then order the paint.

Will be a $40.00 can of spray paint, unless anyone else wants some too.

Good call - that is my second choice...

My first choice is the second one.

And of the two color samples (not the full helmet pics) I believe it's fair to say the true color lays between those to sample tones.

A Original 005.jpg
A Original 004.jpg

ralph-lauren-sf06c-joshua-tree-paint-color-match-2.jpg
duron-4914d-tyson-street-paint-color-match-2.jpg

Finally, any one of these four - once weathered and with the damage (silver) applied - would look fine...

Last edited:
You guys getting tired of my mental gymnastics yet?

Here's an attempt to homogenize the two color samples in the computer by adjusting light versus dark, and color tones.

The results themselves are "splotchy" - not sure if this exercise is all that useful.

Adjusted 003.jpg

I honestly would use the Montana colors since the mando guys use them.. the rumors are that’s what they used on screen

That rumor is absolutely false. That rumor exists because in the UK they used Montana on some stuff for Rogue One. Ever since, the fandom has not let those paints go.. I was at Legacy two weeks ago looking at the real Boba. They don’t use Montana for anything here.

Sorry to take a quick detour on your thread PHArchivist. I have been following and am excited to see your paint color after going through all of those samples.

Last edited:
That rumor is absolutely false. That rumor exists because in the UK they used Montana on some stuff for Rogue One. Ever since, the fandom has not let those paints go.. I was at Legacy two weeks ago looking at the real Boba. They don’t use Montana for anything here.

Sorry to take a quick detour on your thread PHArchivist. I have been following and am excited to see your paint color after going through all of those samples.

Hoping it pays off...

I'm pretty confident in my process and selection, but with color, ya just never know...!

I really appreciate you clarifying!

Added more color...

This is a blend of a moderately dark blue and dark green.

Not entirely happy with it. I think the original was more of a royal blue with the main green misted over it. I think...

IMG_5324.JPG
IMG_5325.JPG
IMG_5326.JPG

And I added the red to the front

This is Rust-O-Leum Colonial Red

66804228052__C35A5834-D8DB-4569-BFC4-D8387B739D86.JPG
66804232001__D18D5358-4E6C-4941-8358-ED018D541688.JPG
IMG_5321.JPG

Here's the front, with the cheeks unmasked.

Keep in mind that neither of these greens are the one I ordered

What is on the cheeks is Tamiya Field Grey, and the tape samle is the Rust-O-Leum Sage

IMG_5330.JPG
IMG_5328.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back