Black Series Boba Fett Re-Armored Repaint

PHArchivist

Master Member
Don't get excited - haven't even started yet, and I work SLOW...!

But check this out - the colors are pretty dead-on to colors I discovered a few years back when painting my Screamin' 1/4 scale Fett.

These are Rust-Oleum's Moss and Sage. Slightly lighter than the Black Series helmet, but damn close. Close enough that I am not question if I just need to add my own weathering over the top of the factory finish.

What do you think?
IMG_4095.JPG
IMG_4096.JPG
IMG_4098.JPG
IMG_4099.JPG

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
All right, bro, I’ve obviously missed a chunk of the story. Is that the Black Series “re-painted” Fett bucket? If so, my dumb ass can’t figure out what you’re doing to it.
OR, are you repainting a Fett helmet to match the “re-painted” version? Because if that’s the case, you my friend, are truly an artist!

PHArchivist

Master Member
All right, bro, I’ve obviously missed a chunk of the story. Is that the Black Series “re-painted” Fett bucket? If so, my dumb ass can’t figure out what you’re doing to it.
OR, are you repainting a Fett helmet to match the “re-painted” version? Because if that’s the case, you my friend, are truly an artist!

I now have both Black Series Fett helmets.

I initially planned on re-doing the classic ESB, but it is so close to be perfect, that I decided not to mess with it.

I personally don't like the clean look of the re-armored, so figured that will make a good canvas to re-paint as the ESB version.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I now have both Black Series Fett helmets.

I initially planned on re-doing the classic ESB, but it is so close to be perfect, that I decided not to mess with it.

I personally don't like the clean look of the re-armored, so figured that will make a good canvas to re-paint as the ESB version.
And im wicked excited to see where this goes, will you be using stencils or going free hand?

PHArchivist

Master Member
Let's get this party started...

Caught a video of Savage re-working a Mando helmet; inspired me to jump right in.

I decided to keep the left ear; the color is not too bad at all, and the white graphic works. This will save me time in the project.

Also going to keep the grey of the cheeks; same reasons.

Blasted it with my fave - Rust-O-Leum Grey Sandable Primer; its -uh - breezy here in Hell, so it was aggravating spraying. But it is also warm and dry, so other than the wind, not a bad day to paint.

Wanted to add color today, but I have to sand this thing with 400 or 600 first.

Here is The Grey Ghost (fog camo):

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.