Black Series Boba Fett Re-Armored Repaint

As is the bane with colors, the same item / color can look SO different depending on ambient light, camera details, and so many other variables

I assure you, ALL of these samples are taken from images of the original ESB helmet. There has been minimal editing of the images; slight exposure adjustments to knock down the heat of the flash, and some minimal light balancing.

Choose THREE that you think best represents the true paint color.

A Original 001.jpg

A Original 002.jpg

A Original 003.jpg

A Original 004.jpg

A Original 005.jpg

A Original 006.jpg

A Original 007.jpg

A Original 008.jpg

A Original 009.jpg

A Original 010.jpg

OK this scares me - pics of the SAME physical color samples:

View attachment 1548645

View attachment 1548646
Yeah so comparing pictures of colors is really hard unless you have all the technical data on the camera and light settings.

Most phones are not trustworthy, because you cannot manually set the color temperature.

To have an accurate comparison of colors you have to take pictures with the same color temperature setting, exposure setting, and under the same color of light.

Last edited:
Yeah so comparing pictures of colors is really hard unless you have all the technical data on the camera and light settings.

Most phones are not trustworthy, because you cannot manually set the color temperature.

To have an accurate comparison of colors you have to take pictures with the same color temperature setting, exposure setting, and under the same color of light.

Those two images of the physical color samples were taken in the same location, same phone camera, just a minute or two apart.

Remarkable differences.

The more green image is correct to "life".

Those two images of the physical color samples were taken in the same location, same phone camera, just a minute or two apart.

Remarkable differences.

The more green image is correct to "life".
Right. It’s because your phone is taking control of the settings and trying to decided what it thinks looks best. That’s why it’s darn near impossible to compare photographs unless you have control over all three of those aspects I mentioned

Or, you go to the ILM archives, get the helmet + a gray scale, take pics and compare your color swatches with it:lol:...I know, impossible.
I really appreciate your research though; it help me for my future paint job(y)

Or, you go to the ILM archives, get the helmet + a gray scale, take pics and compare your color swatches with it:lol:...I know, impossible.
I really appreciate your research though; it help me for my future paint job(y)

Wish I could magically blend all the color samples from the original that I posted...

Leaning towards the third and fourth.

All cans used are “Montana black brand”

First they use a truck bed liner spray and randomly mist it over the helmet to give it that acid damage texture, shouldn’t be consistent, should be randomly sprayed missing areas to give it definition

Then it’s all montana black from here on out
The base they use “storm”Montana Black Spray Paint - Storm, 400 ml can | BLICK Art Materials

All the reds they use “cardinal”

Left ear they like “Manila green”

Right ear is Sahara Beige

The tip of the ear piece is satin grey
The rear green on the helmet

The mandibles

Kill strip decals

I actually have a set of kill stripe decals & the ear decals.. I ordered it when I preordered my hasbro helmet.. but when I was disappointed with the dark saber I canceled everything with hasbro I had on preorder

I don’t know where the heck the decals are, when I get home I’ll look for ya and can mail them to ya since I won’t be needed them anymore

Wow, thanks a ton Halliwax I'm actually about to embark on a repaint of a Black Series helmet myself, to more match the detailing of Boba's helmet in Book of Boba Fett, and I was having a hell of time finding colors that I liked, and these seem perfect for what I want!

And to PHArchivist I wish you luck on your own color voyage!

It's crazy...

EACH ONE of these looked "within the range" when viewing individually. But batching them together, it is easy to see the vast difference amongst the 150+ selections I chose.

The first few cuts will be easy:
--The darkest
--The lightest
--Repeats (same color from different manufacturers)

Then it gets harder to distinguish; but easier because there are fewer...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back