Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

Not sure. Order date of 7/21/19.

I have every BS helmet since the kylo. I only opened the kylo and the trooper every other one is still in the box, never opened.

I think I’m going to have to open this to see if the stripe is straight and to make sure all the silver is suppose to be where it is

Mine's currently in Indiana, but due to me on Wednesday. I'm worried about the yellow stripes; they seem to be hit or miss.

Got mine dismantled this evening. Came apart pretty easily. Hardest part was probably removing the left earcap without scuffing it or nicking the back edge. But even then, was able to pull it away from the helmet up at the top enough to get my little 6" thin metal ruler in there and carefully pry out the front retaining posts. Then it just came off. Earcap bases next. All the electronics are self-contained to the right one, which is convenient. Unscrewing those frees the inner earpieces. Those pull the hard hat liner out with them. As a unit, earpieces and suspension remind me of the "helmet harness" Jango wore. Even has a random superfluous raised patch sewn on the outside of the front portion of the headband, just like on that prop -- though very much shallower. The rear interior detail piece is a simple unscrew. That and the inner earpieces are the only things holding the rest of the liner in in the back half, and those just pop out. The soft tan portions just pop through from behind, and are removed just as easily.

A few screws along the vertical edges of the T-visor and one at center-front on the inner brow are the last screws for the lower portion. The front interior piece pops out easily as a unit, the visor just held in place between inner and outer. I'm going to check with t-visor.com and see if they need one to master theirs from.

Retaining posts at the top and bottom behind the earcaps are what hold the back skirt on. They pop apart pretty easily and the rear skirt is off. The front half pops in vertically, and has two retaining posts to the sides and sort of one at the center. It can get finagled free with only slightly more difficulty. Then the last eight screws to remove the inner dome from the outer. This was an easier disassemble than many I've tackled.
I'd love to know what they used to paint the interface connector thingy on the cheek with. It's so shiny that it looks like metal but it's definitely plastic. I've been trying to find some shiny paint like that for ages.
When I removed the inner front piece, the connector fell out in my hand. Mine's cast metal. I don't know what kind. It could easily have been plated, but it's heavier and colder than the plastic I was working with pre and post.

I got mine today and it looks great! If anyone figures out how to remove the inside head strap though please post here! I'm worried about breaking it :)

(without removing all the inside like above thanks!)

Mine showed up today! It was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but I guess Amazon was inspired to get them delivered before customers started buying them locally and cancel their orders.

T-visor isn't scratched, kill stripes are straight and no missing paint apps.

Hasbro did a fine job on this Boba Fett helmet. It blows away the other Fett helmets that I've owned in the past 25 years. (just a modified Don Post '95 and the recent Rubie's helmet)

Not sure if I'm going to purchase the prototype version yet. We'll see.

Got mine last week on Thursday. The entire range finder and the attachment piece are really flimsy, is the case with anyone else's?

I'm considering returning it for another one because of this.

Got mine last week on Thursday. The entire range finder and the attachment piece are really flimsy, is the case with anyone else's?

I'm considering returning it for another one because of this.
Yeah, mine doesn’t connect to the helmet entirely. You can pry it up easily, but then you can’t get it off. Is this what you meant?

My stripes are super crooked but I don't really feel like dealing with returning it. You won't really see them on the shelf anyway.

IMG_3671.jpeg

Last edited:
Got mine today. Is there a trick to getting the electronics to work? When I push the button the rangefinder flips down but doesn't turn on.

I got mine today and it looks great! If anyone figures out how to remove the inside head strap though please post here! I'm worried about breaking it :)

(without removing all the inside like above thanks!)
Crank the suspension up 90° -- brow band pointing straight up. There'll be some resistance from the lug stops, but not a lot. Don't worry about forcing it. It only takes a few pounds of force and you won't break anything. Then get your fingers down in between the suspension mount and the inner earpiece and pull, steadily and firmly. Again only a few pounds of force needed to get them to pop out.

I haven't but since there is nothing in there and it's just an empty space, and the inside it screws in with a nice convenient cover, it should be as easy as taking the cover off, dropping in the circuit board and putting the cover back.
Has anyone try to replace the circuit board in the key slot yet?

Last edited:
Has anyone try to replace the circuit board in the key slot yet?
It'll be part of the build thread I start tomorrow or Thursday. I have a couple.
Is there a 3d printed model close enough to look like the calculator board?
Check Levi's Shapeways store out. I'd just stick with the replacement rangefinder pieces and maybe right upper earcap pieces. The right lower and left are fitted to an asymmetrical (i.e., accurate to the wonkiness of the original prop) helmet. He only did half the Casio board, though I don't know why. There are templates for the other half -- it's just a simple board with some holes drilled. I personally have both Levi's and one from Will/redkraytdragon/Imperial Outpost Armory, from before he died. All of his molds and bucks went to his two closest friends that are also in the hobby. I think Cal (yes, MonCal) got all the Mando stuff. I was going to check with him to make sure. And, if he's got the molds for the Casio, order my third from him.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back