Bioshock Spider Splicer Hooks

HYPH8

I'm currently working on a pair of spider splicer meat hooks; I am carving them out of a few layers of insulation foam. This is what I've got carved so far.
I want the hook to be thinner, but I'm worried about the foam breaking.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

IMAG1276.jpg

​Meagan -- HYPH8

What I would do is halve them and then carve out a channel to insert a metal wire, then glue the halves over the wire. That should keep it stiff enough to not break unless you are really rough with them.

That is a great idea, I wish I had thought of that before I glued the foam together! I think I will hold off on cutting them in half for now, but I will definitely try that if things don't go my way.
Thanks a lot!

I know you'd like the hook to be thinner, but the one on the right looks great. Ever heard the saying, "perfect is the enemy of good" ?

It would be sad if tweaking the hook make it unusable.

Thanks JPH. I have so far cut the second the same as that one and will probably leave them as is. You're totally right, I would probably ruin them trying to make them perfect.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back