BIONICLE - Toa Tahu Flame Sword

ZadeWilson

Last Halloween I put together a Toa Tahu costume and my absolute proudest part of the costume has got to be the Flame Sword.
I tried as much as possible to make it as close to the original as I could while also trying to adapt it into a similar style as the movie adaptation, and I think it turned out really well!
PXL_20220928_083956941(1).jpg
FireSword.PNG
FireSword2.PNG

I started out making a quick concept of what I wanted the adaptation should be, measured out a sparring sword I already had on hand and scaled up the pattern to match the sparring sword, cut out the layers out of EVA foam of varying thickness, and used a soldering iron to engrave the fire symbol on the hilt, gave it a paint job, and here it is! I really, really love how much the final product matched the concept, and I really think I did justice to the original LEGO piece.
Plus it's got some good heft and is really satisfying to swing around.
308657510_812688869884577_3772095426965941098_n.jpg
2.jpg
SwordDone.PNG

That looks awesome! Growing up with these had a huge influence on my interest in technology and the look of machinery. This is a fantastic interpretation and something that would take anyone back.

I absolutely LOVED Bionicle as a kid. I had ALL the Toa sets...man, I wish I still had them! Do you have a thread for your finished costume? Tahu and Kopaka were my favorites, I'd love to see it!

signeddiamond Thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked my interpretation :) As much as I like the original set, I thought a wider range of colors and the Matoran Fire Symbol added a nice personal touch to it.

DexAntares Thank you! It's stayed with me all these years later and I know that I'm not the only one.

Chris92 Here you go! I wasn't able to get as much done as I would've liked, I just ran out of time before Halloween hit. But I was able to finish the mask, some forearm guards, and a pair of gloves to try to match the "Two Finger" hand that the sets had.
311896476_833835494436581_7598318929366208065_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back