Bio Helmets [Variants] 14th Feb 04

H

Halo Predator

------ 14th Feb 04------

Muhahahaha, triple package surprise this weekend morning! While they definately need body reinforcement and some new lenses, they are sweet! Watch this space!!!

------ 13th Feb 04------

Well, managed to hot glue the lens in without burning myself. Just awaiting the LEDs to arrive.

LMK what you think...

------ 10th Feb 04------

Okay, finally found some time to spray paint my P2 Variant and well, here it is. Next on the agenda will be installing the acrylic lenses and lasers.

------ 27th Jan 04------

Well Hunters, had a little time on my hands so I went and did some work on my Bio Variant.

The one thing that really bothered me was that the eyeholes/visor was abit too rounded, small and seperated. Yes, I'm a big fan of the one piece eyehole/visor, cept for the 'Skull' Bio.

Using misc files and a dremel, what I did was to first take out the 'nose bridge' and make the eyehole/visor a single. I then started to enlarge the eyeholes to allow for a more wider, angular look. I also added some bondo to the back of the nose bridge area to 'keep' the shape, top down.

Also drilled out the laser/led holes...

Tomorrow, I will soften the sides of the eyeholes just alittle and work on nose bridge bondoed area. Will keep you posted...

IMHO, with the 'wider & bigger' eyehole/visor, I think the Bio looks alot better...Will also be trying either Red or Blued acrylic lenses.

------ 20th Jan 04------

Hey Hunters!

Look what just arrived in the mail today. It's a first of 3 packages from all over the world.

This one's from Thailand. Still awaiting 2 from the CONUS and the last is a surprise...

[Editied for the Bio Helm that's probably not arriving due to circumstances, 4th Feb 04]

Enjoy and LMK what ya think.

Stay safe.

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice...you even take pics of the box...I get exited too waiting for stuff too come in.

I wish we could see that R2 predator SE disk you have there

post some pic when you have it painted.
are you gonna add lights or lazers?

-Pete

Very Nice. I've wanted to get one of those helmets, but wanted to see how they looked besides the pic they show with the auction. Looks good, Gonna have to order one now. Looks like you have some painting and assembly ahead of you. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Yautja Clone :.

tim,
congrats on the helmet, It's all downhil from here kidding of course every hunter starts at the top. looks like most of the work is already done for ya, very "clean" mask.

AM

gbscout: Thanks Lee! The Hunt does begin...for every single Pred gear! LOL!

kre8tive: Pete, roger that! I'm just like a kid in my first candy store! Shoot me an email on the SE disk and LMK what you need. I might be able to help...

yautja clone: YC, it's a pretty nice cast, and very clean. Not much work to do short of painting it and adding detailing. If you really are interested, shoot me an email and I'll send you the seller's addy. Very nice and extremely helpful guy. Fast to ship too!

kithunter: Andrew, I hear ya! Best part about all of this, I should getting all of my Bio Helms around this year! Talk about a good year! Okay, okay, so I bought myself too many helms...LOL!

Hunters, thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it. Just need to decide on weather to rework the entire eye area as one piece or leave it as is...and find lenses or mesh.

I would like to add Lasers/Leds/Lights but that will take a little time. Gotta source em out first. Will do that in a few days once I hit the LEDs/Lasers/Toggles/Voxs Mecca Mall in my AO.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Hey the helmet looks exactly the way I was talking to ya about. I like it. Very cool

Nice P2 Helm, Tim. And it looks like you did a great job modifying the eye holes.

Is this helmet 1:1 like in the movie? Or is it undersized like the UK versions?

Barrett,

Thanks for the good word!

Okay, the Bio I have on hand right now is supposedly based off the actual sized scale of the Movie Helms [bout 21" from chin to back edge tip]. Don't quote me on that but I think it's pretty safe to say that 21" best covers a Movie Sized Helm.

Still if you need another gauge on the major size differences tween the UK undersized Bios and the Stunt or ICONs Bios, checkout Wolf's famous comparison pic:

Tell you what, I'll be able to get you the sizes of an ICONs, WAM Stunt and a Hez P2 cast pretty soon. Will LYK once I get the measurements.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe.

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey that looks good m8. My m8 at work just got a P1 UK helm and it looked tiny. Yours looks the business.

What is that little bio? I thought that was a half scale version, do you mean they actually mean for you to wear that?

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

If it's a uk undersized one , and it definitley looks like one, yup. My mate tried it on as soon as he unpacked it. He He the bottom of the jaw just about covered his upper lip. The pred2 helm I've now got ius a bit better but still a little on the small side.

M118, if it clears things up, the Bio in question in Wolf's comparison pic IS the undersized UK version.

Stay safe.

Tim.

Look great man!

are you going to weather it? if so I use acylic water paints thinned with water, brush over and wipe of wile its still well, the darker colors will bring out the details.

Pete

Pete,

Roger that and thanks! Will keep that in mind. Well, just gotta wait on those lasers from you now.

Check your six buddy!

Tim.

Cool work bro!

At first I thought Lou Diamond Phillips was a Predator 2 fan!

Great work man, keep us posted.

What is the source of that casting?

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

Lou Diamond Philips? Why I oughta... LOL!

I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult...but seeings how I'm shallow, I'll take it as a compliment! LOL!

Thanks Paul, anyways the Bio in question is a Thai Variant I got off my Pred Model Dealer. I always wondered how it was and decided to take the plunge. Good call.

Stay safe.

Tim.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back