Bio eye mesh

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

UglyMoFo

Sup everyone? I finally worked up the nerve to remove the lense my bio came with and now am trying to replace it with mesh. Having searched here on the Lair, I have found literally dozens of options for materials to use. Everything from door and window screens to splatter screens for pots and pans. I'm a bit confused on what to use.
So I figured I'd ask it myself: What can you use/what is the best material to use for the mesh over the "eyes" on a bio?

Thanks,
UMF

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hez1

I use wireform from hobby lobby or michaels. They do a 1/16" or 1/8" mesh (with 1/16" being the tighter mesh), and I find the 1/16" looks pretty good.

UglyMoFo

I use wireform from hobby lobby or michaels. They do a 1/16" or 1/8" mesh (with 1/16" being the tighter mesh), and I find the 1/16" looks pretty good.
Ok, I got it. Now how do I attach it to the bio? I intend to hang it on the wall with the ol' fish line and hook routine, so I guess it needs to be on pretty good.

hez1

I use hot glue. Not sure about the fishing line attachment method, you might have to go round the outside of the bio with the line. The wireform wouldn't be strong enough to take the weight on its own anyway.

jaded

I agree with Hez about the mesh from Hobby Lobby......hot glue works and so does Loctite epoxy