Big Old Bird.. (Of Prey)

I think I've got enough of these green bits now to make a big ass Bird Of Prey. Time to start putting all the sub-assembly's together.

Parts_zpsxwz6ztuy.jpg

Here's the inner support piece I made so the weight is transferred up from the Bird Of Prey's resin hull to the aluminum sub frame.

20150912_221622_HDR_zpsb6uxsy3s.jpg

20150912_221922_HDR_zpsmpu3fwt8.jpg

Attachments

• 20150912_221622_HDR.jpg
    20150912_221622_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • 20150912_221922_HDR.jpg
    20150912_221922_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Wow - I didn't realise it was THAT BIG. What a fantastic piece of work!

P.S. When are you going to finish that kit of the Jeff Wayne Martian Fighting Machine?? ;-)

I've been putting this bit of the build off as long has I could.
I think there's over a hundred of these to paint.
Very tedious.

Last edited:
Keep up the good work and looking at previous builds hopefully most of the insides of each plate wont be visible as they are so close together so I would imagine the worst parts to paint and finish are the two end pieces but then I am no expert and that's where your skills are plain to see with this project.

now that is an amazing piece of artwork and the skill to get it this far means you deserve a heck of a lot of credit. All the swearing and sweating will pay off and its looking so superb now. Keep going, you are so close to a real piece of beautiful display artwork. The lucky owner of this is going to be one very happy fella and one hell of a proud owner for sure. I think this is the only one of its kind in the UK!!

This is such a rare piece that a permanent smug face is being ingrained as your building it, if you planning to show this masterpiece you'll be spotted in the crowd easily .
image.png

OMG.
It's always been my favorite model from Star Trek.
This piece looks amazing. I really love the paint work you did on it.
this model proves that size matters. ;)

That is awesome. What a piece of workmanship. A real piece of artwork in the making! Has to be the best project I have ever seen

Just a few thoughts:
STIG
Photoshopped (as in too hard to believe this is real...) & speaking of hard...
Its hard to be green!
Awesome project - still are wondrous things cooking in model-land (not to be confused with fashion-model-land, which is a WHOLE different story...)

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back