Big hero 6 YOKAI mask

LB66679

This is the first time I've ever tried to tackle something like this so bare with me !

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So I bought a white mask from Michael's and fiberglassed the inside trimmed it down bondo'ed it then primed and etched in the detail. My OCD kicked in and it wasn't "perfect" enough for me so I got in contact with santiclaus a 3D modeler here on the RPF gave him some reference photos and this is what he sent me

image.jpgimage.jpg

So I uploaded it into shapeways and had them print me one and when I got it I sanded it primed it and am in the process of molding it now .

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ill post our updates when I get more accomplished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
Okaaaay, time to make an interest thread XD pretty please? Haha
I gotta hit 50 posts first before I can make a thread hahaha but soon !!

- - - Updated - - -

It takes a little bit to get the hang of casting but yours look to be coming out great! Looks nice and smooth!
Thank you !! The sides are a little difficult to get and equal thickness on but the third cast is a lot better .

looks like you're doing a great job! me likee.

anythoughts yet on head straps? going top shelf or trying to keep the price down? Halloween is just around the corner - 5months now that summer is on our doorstep.

very interested in one of these once you can offer them up

i should have an interest thread up soon !!

- - - Updated - - -

looks like you're doing a great job! me likee.

anythoughts yet on head straps? going top shelf or trying to keep the price down? Halloween is just around the corner - 5months now that summer is on our doorstep.

i was thinking of just having an elastic strap with Velcro that runs underneath the balaclava or actually attaching Velcro to the mask and balaclava or magnets so you can pull it off and on just like the movie . Still tinkering with ideas .

I personally would try to go with the magnet idea so that it can be removed. due to the balaclava covering so much of the chin/forehead it probably wouldn't be too difficult to side some magnets in there.

I personally would try to go with the magnet idea so that it can be removed. due to the balaclava covering so much of the chin/forehead it probably wouldn't be too difficult to side some magnets in there.

i was thinking about sewing pockets on the balaclava with magnets inside and maybe a magnet strip on the forehead of the mask so it can come on and off no fuss and nothing would drop ?

- - - Updated - - -

I signed up to comment for the first time just to say how amazing that looks :) Great work!

wow thank you , that really means a lot !!

That sounds like the best course of action to me....it's actually almost exactly what I was thinking about doing. Heck I'd buy the magnetic balaclava from you too if you did both as a set.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back