Big Bang theory prop help

The brown box on the table with the phone on top appear to be a Antique Dictograph Office Intercom Telephone. I found a lot similar ones, but this particular tough to find. Unless the set decorators mixed and matched to get a specific look you never know.
6836FE14-ABCB-42E3-BDF7-6A7D1D47DDF6.jpeg
9D006505-4A69-473F-BF6F-B8C62AAF00E8.jpeg

Well definitely post pics just want to get a little more things together right now it just doesn't have the pop lol But don't get your hopes up lol this is more of a Inspired by the layout of my house just doesn't work work with an exact copy although that would be super fun Lol
Make so with what we got ;)

I would love to take the tour that WB offers And see the actual set although they would probably throw me out as I would bring a tape measure and measure and measure some stuff lol however depending on what scene you watch it in the series white screen grab what filter blah blah that couch sofa or whatever you want to call it lol lol it changes color sometimes it looks like a chocolate Brown the other the other time it looks like a chestnut So this is the exact same photo the only thing that has been altered is saturation and Brightness Nothing to do with the tent or temperature and you can see 2 different colors one looks chocolate Brown the other 1 is what they call a chestnut or what I call cannabate Dark caramel whiskey color so just curious whatever one thinks the actual color is lol

Attachments

• IMG_5384.jpg
    IMG_5384.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5384.jpg
    IMG_5384.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Best image I've found so far of the trunk by the sofa. All kinds of theories as to what it was used for. But nothing definitive.. Is still trying to ID this one

Attachments

• 190516-final-season-big-bang-theory-ew-108p.jpg
    190516-final-season-big-bang-theory-ew-108p.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 100
I immediately thought of a chest style HUMIDOR, but it has way to many controls for that. I found a website that said, "how to convert your cedar chest into a Humidor". Maybe this is something custom but actually exists?

Attachments

• classic-collection-golden-humidor-each.jpg
    classic-collection-golden-humidor-each.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 61
oh, I just remembered that there is a category of antique electronics called "medical quackery" devices. This might be a promising avenue. They represented a leap in SCIENCE, but were totally fake made up science. I could see something like that being chosen for the show.

Attachments

• mq.jpg
    mq.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 75
Yes, still small enough that it could be some kind of quack device, just with handles put on it.
That's clearly a long slot in the top. Some kind of tabulating device? Or it spits out a piece of paper?

Attachments

• pop.jpeg
    pop.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
I don't know if I'll be completely far off, but considering the vry vertical proportions of that chest, wouldn't that be a fisherman chest? you know the chests that opens and transform into some kind of chair?

The trunk is tricky what makes me think that way is the stainless steel handle is not original to the trunk looks to new / modern. Still looking on and off.
I was thinking the very same thing.. I grew up on a farm and we used to have those old Small water troughs and they had Handles very similar to that and after a while they really get a strong patis a strong patina and if it's a piece of equipment that from the thirties or forties even theven the sixties or seventies there should be a lot of age to those handles.

oh, I just remembered that there is a category of antique electronics called "medical quackery" devices. This might be a promising avenue. They represented a leap in SCIENCE, but were totally fake made up science. I could see something like that being chosen for the show.
Very interesting I'll definitely have to do some digging. Thank you for the advice

Btw have you checked this vid for some inspiration as well
Also not sure if anyone identified this radio yet:
1644751223024.png

Last edited:
Btw have you checked this vid for some inspiration as well

Also not sure if anyone identified this radio yet:

Okay, that is raw video. Meaning, they probably didn't adjust the color for shooting the show, or any specific episode. Therefore, I would say that that would have to be the TRUE color of the COUCH in that video. Makes sense?

I may have possibly found the transparent celestial globe however you may have to shop around. You will never what you can find GoodWill. I found this one on Etsy, but you can track down a see or broken one. On the show sometimes you half of it on different season you see the whole globe or half of it in different episode on whatever seasons.
Here is a link to the Etsy one Celestial Globe Astronomy Star Chart Star Atlas Star Tool | Etsy
077DDCAC-7205-4ECC-8A74-2BA9DA83C01B.jpeg

Best image I've found so far of the trunk by the sofa. All kinds of theories as to what it was used for. But nothing definitive.. Is still trying to ID this one
Oh man I’m a sucker for trunks.. my mother collects them.. I really like this one a lot with all those knobs and greeblies…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back