Best theater room ever?

.:MirrorminD:.

Sr Member
Its being built by Elite Home Theater Seating (Same company that did the PotC theater room) for a customer in Conn. The installation includes a separate study which is the entrance to the hidden cinema. The study, complete with a stately grandfather clock, is flanked by bookshelves upon which sits a bust of William Shakespeare.
A clockwise turn of the writer's head the grandfather clock swings open to reveal the elevator doors. A real fingerprint scan is required to gain access to the elevator.

Stepping into the cylindrical stainless steel elevator a glowing Bat symbol pulsates at the bottom of the button panel. To the left of the symbol, is the letter 'B' that stands for Batcave.

After pressing the iconic glowing bat symbol, the elevator descends and the floor-to-ceiling mirrors on either side of the elevator come alive by displaying various body scanning graphics.
Once the elevator occupants have been properly 'identified', a robotic female voice states over the intercom system, 'Security Clearance
Granted'.

article-2183250-145C531D000005DC-669_964x529.jpg

article-2183250-145C5315000005DC-903_964x529.jpg

Source: The real-life Batcave: Dark Knight superfan spends £1.3MILLION creating home cinema replica of Bruce Wayne's underground lair | Mail Online

Yeah, but what if you think Batman is over rated and want to watch something else? ;)

I've always been wary about the comic book franchises because they reboot so often. You get a really cool batcave and then there's a reboot and everything looks different. I stick to franchises that have looked the same for at least 20 years. ;)

VERY cool room though. :thumbsup

I'd be more impressed if someone here was able to do it without spending a boatload of cash.

I'm just not impressed by designs that are only possible because someone has tons of money that they can burn on a project like that.

Bring that same design in under 100k and i'd be impressed, for roughly 2 mil US, not impressed. Doesn't mean it doesn't look damn good, but for 2 mil it damn sure should.

I'd be more impressed if someone here was able to do it without spending a boatload of cash.

I'm just not impressed by designs that are only possible because someone has tons of money that they can burn on a project like that.

Bring that same design in under 100k and i'd be impressed, for roughly 2 mil US, not impressed. Doesn't mean it doesn't look damn good, but for 2 mil it damn sure should.

Although I like your way of thinking,....but it would be impossible to build it for under $100k. Itll cost more than that just in the bare construction. Its got its own elevator that goes underground,....it has a full size replica tumbler,....it has a 30' exit tunnel that dead ends under ground. Just the technology alone is in the 100s of thousands.

Freakin' gorgeous. I love the integration of the various design styles, the bookcase wall, the chandeliers... just wicked all around.

Tom

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back