Best source for SS Y wing?

mvmagic

Are there currently any sources for SS Y wing kit? Steve had a nice kit years ago and the one he has been working on for EFX seems like a killer. Anyone know whether that'll be released as a kit or an assembled model? I am only interested in kits as I wanna be hands-on and fulfill my childhood dream. All pointers greatly appreciated.

I posted something over in another thread about that Y being released as a kit, but it sounds as if it'll only be available pre-assembled from EFX.

SB

If I understand it right, the Gold Leader will not be released as a kit, only as a display model from EFX. The other Y's (Triangles, Tiger Sprocket and MOM), however, are planned as a kit release through nicenmodeldesigns. According to their website the models were aimed to be ready by April 2015 but at the moment they seem to still be work-in-progress with no further information on their release or pricing.

I have the Nice-N Red Jammer Y-wing (still in progress), my experience on SS modeling is limited but I have nothing but good things to say about the kit. It's effin' beautiful!

There was another release of a studio sized Y-wing recently. The Galactic Resin Models Y-wing raised some controversy here in the RPF, I believe the overall size is about right but detailing leaves much to hope for and requires significant amount of work to get it to match the studio models.

With a little patience, the junkyard might pay off as well, although I think unbuilt Red Jammers are very, very rare by now.

Surprised there isn't the one on ebay right now as that on was there a lot--about the right size but details that don't match. If you're more about the size and not the details keep an eye out for it. And be ready to spend $500-600. I have one those few unbuilt red jammers but couldn't justify selling it. Will just take years to get to it. I might unload it when I can get the EFX gold Y because I'd probably screw up the red jammer. There was a red jammer for sale on resin illuminati recently and may still be available. Can't post a lonk using my iPad but google "resin illuminati red jammer" and you'll get there.
Mike Todd

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll keep stalking the Junkyard and wait to see if Steve releases a kit. Or Rod of Nexus Models-he was supposed to a few years back. Might go with an X in the meantime. Avanaut, great to see other Finlanders here :)

The one that pops up on eBay now and again I think is the one with the accuracy issues and started a bit of controversy here. I still wouldn't mind one though! That boat has sailed on that one as ive seen it go from $450 'Buy it Now' up to $600 usd in a matter of months. It's up on eBay right now with a bid start at $600?! Not sure if he was meant to do that though. The seller is ray24051.

I prefer a more accurate kit. I have noticed the kit on bay before and yeah the buy now price has gone up in a short period.

Thanks for posting the link knnyjay, not on FB so cant view it.

Hoping Nice N will release a kit soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it, Steve (Nice-N) is now working with/for EFX on a SS Y-wing that will be a completed Gold Y (well, I think that part is well-established). So, I gather that this precludes him (probably contractually) from releasing a kit that would be in almost direct competition with the EFX Y-wing. Clearly, some would rather get a kit and build it themselves, so the competition isn't 100% direct, but close enough. Personally, if the EFX Y becomes a reality and I can deal with the price, I'll grab one feel like I finally have a SS Y-wing (I mean, one that is actually built up). After that, I'll decide upon building the Red Jammer as a red or yellow Y, or just dumping it.
Mike Todd

I just gotta keep my eyes open and hope they'll release a kit or hope a Red Jammer kit pops up. Should you decide not to build yours Mike, please drop me a line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If I remember correctly, Steve had mentioned at Celebration that the new EFX Y-Wing would go on sale either in September or some time this fall. I have checked the EFX site, but I haven't seen any updates on Studio Scale related items since 2009. Does any one have any other info.?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back