Best Jack Sparrow hat?

PHArchivist

Master Member
This may be old news in this forum but I don't frequent the Costuming Forum to much at all...

What is the best source for a Cap'n Jack hat, besides pilaging Toby's house?

The Baron hats version looks really similar to me (but I haven't see the Tobys or the AcmeBrand... Do you have a link?)
Baron hats:
swash_brownaged_1.jpg

Movie:
14.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Ramiel @ Jul 9 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1277426[/snapback]</div>
The Baron hats version looks really similar to me (but I haven't see the Tobys or the AcmeBrand... Do you have a link?)
Baron hats:
swash_brownaged_1.jpg

Movie:
14.jpg

[/b]

It does look similar.

I got mine from a guy on ebay, but I don't know if he still makes them. $400 for one is way overpriced, you can get a really nice one for around $250, or you least you could a few months ago.

Bill

Challenge -- I'm sure -- is that the film version was most likely custom made, and unless the pattern is in the public domain, only "close" version would be had...

Then again, I am fairly naive on the subject

hmmm....I take that back. Seems all ebay has now are the crappy costume hats. :( The one I got a couple of years ago was made from thick, heavy leather and was hand made. Very nice and screen accurate. There were a number of sellers, maybe they got a c&d from the big mouse.

Actually, that Baron hat... the guy next to me is wearing one of theirs. Just to give you an idea of how gigantic they make theirs. :)
contest3.jpg

Baron usually makes rather nice stuff, as I've gotten my Don Juan & red Wonka hats from them. But even after I told them exactly how the original hat was made, they still went the route they did, and with that wire frame in it. :eek:

Yes, I did my own hat. Patteren and leather matched to an original, that a guy I know bought.
I DO sell them on ebay, when I get around to finding to time free to make one. ;)
I also just got a copy of that hat, from the shop that made all of the original hats. Not sure if they were hired to make the DMC tricorns, but from the looks of the one I got, it looks 100% DMC.
So my next batch of hats will be exactly matching the one that I just got. :D

Thanks for the reply. :D

You're still the best Sparrow of the net (I think I'm your fan... I'm not sure yet... LOL :D )

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back