Berserker / Super Black Head

bweapon

Okay, hey again, just started this on thursday evening. Started to take shape into looking something like the movie creature.

I think the detail at least of this creature is underrated and the flash we got of the head on screen didnt do the artists' work who created this thing justice.

Will be cracking on and hopefully supplying frequent updates over the coming days as i plan on beasting it!

:) wish me luck.

berk.jpg.gif

ber2.jpg.gif

berk3.jpg.gif

Hey, thanks guys. This is actually some recycled W.E.D clay so its rather wet. I tend to just slop out the basic shape when ive recycled clay. leave its onl the sculpt overnight uncovered and by the next day its usually firmed up nicely.
Hope that helps.

for the mandibles, you use an armature, or the clay holds up fine?

Hey, it depends really on the clay. Fresh Wed clay tends to 'flop' a bit but ive kind of built this up after a couple of days and its hardened as ive gone along. I personally try to not insert to much foreign material into a sculpt as it always ends up getting in the way, especially on a preds mandibles when you're trying to cut them off clean to cast separately.

So this time, so far, no armature. But we'll see when one of the cats pulls its bottom jaw off.

wow,great start!is this to be a mask or bust or both?

Hey, not sure yet. Was actually thinking a bust, at least to start with, mainly as i was jut given 5kg of resin and a load of cloth as a a gift from the 'ol man!... not sure which family member to hope from the silicone for though
I want to make it really stretch forward and put a lean to it to give it movement, who knows.Will have pics tomorrow night. Thanks.

My oh my... this should be a very great looking piece.

It looks like you have all the right skills from what I am seeing. Please, keep us posted with the progress.

Oh wow, that's just brilliant. As a Super-Pred appreciator I can definitely say this gets one epic thumbs up from me!

Can't wait to see the finished result. It would be a gorgeous mask as well, those mandibles would proper freak everyone out xD

best buddies...

DSCN3717.jpg.gif

I was a little concerned my 'berk' as im now calling him for short wasnt big enough... he is big enough.

Very nice weapon! But that is beside the lady who comes to see me? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great looking head...so is theP1. You've got talent my friend...well done.

Wait...did you mold and cast it already? Looks like the first pull...

Y'know, if you look at the two side by side, the 'Berk' (he's being called that forever from now on) is actually a little more striking, visually.

Also, does he have a knife sticking out of his temple or is that just me?

This is such a wonderful sculpt. Cannot wait to see it painted up and given life.

Very nice weapon! But that is beside the lady who comes to see me? :D

Hahaa, yes she is yours!!

That's a great looking head...so is theP1. You've got talent my friend...well done.

Wait...did you mold and cast it already? Looks like the first pull...

Thanks, the P1? is a latex pull, the berk is still wed c;ay in the working. Camera doesnt really show detail greatly but there is still a lot to do!

Y'know, if you look at the two side by side, the 'Berk' (he's being called that forever from now on) is actually a little more striking, visually.

Also, does he have a knife sticking out of his temple or is that just me?

This is such a wonderful sculpt. Cannot wait to see it painted up and given life.

Yeah im looking forward to getting them both painted, and, haaha yeah thats where most of my tolls are stored when im working stuck in an easily repaired area otherwise i lose them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back