Bender Futurama Costume..

bird dog-

great build! i've tried doing some searches for Bender builds and this one is the best i have found. question though, are you able to sit down in the costume at all? being made from foam i'm assuming that it has a TON of flex to it?

oh sit..! thanks for the comments..
i guess i can sit in the costume but not well.. (its also to much fun to sit down..!) the costume does flex, but i didnt really design it for sitting.
i looked at as many bender builds i could find, costume or otherwise.. i am still very thankful that the costume is appreciated!

4ege3u4u.jpg

Last edited:
That is an amazing costume. I've been in the presence of the "official" Fox Bender costume, and you put it to shame.

Can you tell me where you see out of it? I'm assuming through the mouth grill, but it looks very solid in the photos. If it is the grill, what material did you use?

Again, nicely done.

I have been following your thread and always come back to look at your pictures.
This is one of my favorite characters and Bender is on my list of future projects.
Your work is a must see for anyone eho tries to built their own Bender.

thank you for the great comments..!!
as for how to see out of bender.. it is through his mouth. the material I used is a sun shade/vinyl (off white) & I also used it to cover the eyes..
(there is Velcro on the edges so that I can change it out if I need or make an alternative mouth..)

best wishes & happy building to all!!

View attachment 119144View attachment 119145

Best costume ever!!!

Are the Panucci's Pizza box or Slurm images available for printing? My ex wife's nephew wants to be Fry this year for Halloween!

got out again this year for free comic day..! (stopped at a couple shops in Vancouver WA & a fun evening screening of dr. who stuff..!)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367903546.467639.jpg

so, I guess we made it on tv.. in the first episode of heroes of cosplay on the syfy network!! (have not got to watch it, but that's what I hear..) could not have built this costume without all the inspiration from this site!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back