Bel Air, Fresh Prince reboot.

People here don't want reboots but the public at large and China do.
I don't mind reboots, if they're good. And there lies the problem. Too often they miss the mark. Robocop was dire and totally missed the point, Dark Fate nearly had it but screwed a couple of key points and the list goes on.

Then you get an existing IP that was originally straight drama, turned into a comedy and you get the gold that is Cobra Kai. I believe that is because the creators thoroughly understood the source material.

I'm hoping that is the case here when they go from comedy to drama. There are parts of the trailer that appear to adhere to the ethos of the original to me.

The trailer has me interested/intrigued enough that I'm looking forward to giving it a chance.
If its crap I'll drop it swiftly.

I don't mind reboots, if they're good. And there lies the problem. Too often they miss the mark. Robocop was dire and totally missed the point, Dark Fate nearly had it but screwed a couple of key points and the list goes on.

Then you get an existing IP that was originally straight drama, turned into a comedy and you get the gold that is Cobra Kai. I believe that is because the creators thoroughly understood the source material.

I'm hoping that is the case here when they go from comedy to drama. There are parts of the trailer that appear to adhere to the ethos of the original to me.

The trailer has me interested/intrigued enough that I'm looking forward to giving it a chance.
If its crap I'll drop it swiftly.
I personally don't mind reboots, as long as they're done right and have solid story and characters. The reason why the RIS Battlestar Galactica worked because it took what was created for the original series and took it in a direction that was interesting and had pretty interesting and developed characters (granted, they dropped the ball a bit in the last season, but that's because they were rushing to try to wrap the series up since SyFy wouldn't give them the time they needed. Such is SyFy since they cancelled Farscape).

Hollywood continues to look backward, instead of forward, and regurgitating everything in its archives for “content”.

Any bets on whether Leave it to Beaver, Cheers, Good Times, Gilligan’s Island, or Mork and Mindy reboots are next in the pipeline?

Then it is loooong overdue for another reboot, by Hollywood standards.

But, as evidenced by this thread, their strategy works, in terms of generating initial “buzz”.

When competing with thousands of hours of “content” out there, the “hook” is just getting people to click on what they have created by using a recognizable property.

68C12150-55FD-46A8-8A55-D0C0A3FC98AA.jpeg

Last edited:
But, as evidenced by this thread, their strategy works, in terms of generating initial “buzz”.

When competing with thousands of hours of “content” out there, the “hook” is just getting people to click on what they have created by using a recognizable property.

BINGO!

If they had filmed the same script of this Fresh Prince reboot, but cut the with the old show & changed all the names, then we wouldn't be paying any attention to it right now.

Last edited:
really? i find that hard to believe
Why? It's hardly like the RPF represents the majority of the movie going public in the US or the rest of the world. If there was no money to be made in doing reboots then Hollywood would stop making reboots. Outside of indie and art house studios, Hollywood, to include TV/streaming studios are in the business of making money and to them, reboots, along with sequels, prequels, and spin offs are relatively easy money for them. They've learned that nostalgia pays

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back