Beckett’s Imperial Hat and Googles; help needed

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I’m having problems finishing a project. I wanted this...

props-hollywood-studios-launch-bay-06022018-34-jpg.jpg

...and so far I’ve got this...

7dd35a93-8db7-4053-a5b0-715f417617d3-jpeg.jpg

Years ago I bought a Museum Replicas Officer cap for no other reason than some place had marked them down on sale. I think the shape and material is not very accurate but I thought it might make a decent display piece. I decided to make it look like the type worn by Beckett in Solo. But as you can see, the inaccuracies stand out.

The first problem is that I need a better hat. Not only does it have to be shaped correctly, but I also need the structure firm enough so that when the goggles are around it, it does not pucker on the sides.

Second problem. I need the lenses details. I first tried to make them from cutting out sheets of plastic, but I could not get the trimmed correctly. Any one ever 3D print these pieces?

Yes I do! Would you prefer them resin or Plastic? I think plastic for the goggle bands is better as you can bend them, and resin for the clip thing.

Ok, so it looks like I have my goggle issues taken care of...

...But I still need help finding a nice cap.

I want it to look like the image I posted of the actual prop above as much as possible without braking the bank.

One of the problems I discovered from the hat I am using now is that the sides are too soft so when the googles are arranged as in the photo, the hat puckers even when I put it on a form that fills the hat. I need someone that can make the hat with a super stiff interfacing... maybe even plastic if needed to achieve the right look. I don't really plan on wearing it, mostly for display.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

There's a pattern for the hat floating around on the Imperial officer corps page, if you're interested in sewing, that could work. Aside from that, I know the cosplay sky hat is inaccurate.

I have posted pictures of the parts and the installation on my build thread.

I’m also interested in accurate Imperial officer goggles for my officer cap. I’ve seen a nice image online from the 501st Legion German Garrison that looks great. Anyone making these anymore?

Like this style

That looks like more of a custom variation of the imperial officer googles rather than a seen on screen type. They seem to utilize the same vintage style Russian pilot goggles. They also look like they swapped out the strap and added the greeblies like Beckett’s. However they did not seem to cut down or paint the seal nor did they add the greeblies over the lenses but it does look like they added some sort of lip at the top of the lenses.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back