Imperial Rank Badges

ollyhills

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone got a good lead on where to track down the correct button caps/lenses for the imperial rank badges??

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpeg
    IMG_6231.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 50
I made some a while ago and I used EAO switch lenses. The ones on the prop have a round recess in the back I think, but the newer models look just as good. Find the ones with rectangular snaps on the sides.

If I remember the series I got the red and blue from had yellow that looked wrong, so I chose a different kind

The correct buttons depend on which rank bars you’re looking to portray. The OT used a consistent size, and the newer movies (Rogue One on) used mostly a slightly larger size. (some random scenes seem to have officers with OT-sized buttons for … reasons?)

OT sizes:

EAO:

01-901.2 = Red = Confirmed Good “Trslucent”
01-901.4 = Yellow = Confirmed BAD “Trslucent” [NOT WHAT YOU WANT]
01-901.6 = Blue = Confirmed Good “Trslucent”
01-982.4 = Amber = Confirmed Good

The above buttons are available from Newark and/or Mouser in the US (if I recall Newark does NOT carry the amber buttons). Non-US locations have some other options I can dig up if needed. Note that several listings on their site do NOT have the correct product image… but if the button model number is as listed above, you’ll get the right buttons.

I have the models for the more recent series saved elsewhere… if you still need them, ping me and I’ll look them up. I also found some slightly-less accurate (but 1/4 the price) options on AliExpress, for the post-OT larger sized buttons. Again, ping me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back