Beaker - 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry -Tiny Terminator

Beaker

OK, so my 11 year old wanted to be Terminator for halloween, more so for the fact that Linda Hamilton would be at a local show close to our house and he wanted to meet her in costume.
I work at Smooth-On but in no way a makeup artist (but LOVE the craft)... I been doing costumes for the kid for a couple years now, each has it's challenges... the best part is always trying to find the right materials, from costume parts to prop parts in order to find one's that will work with the little guy... for this on, leather pants was challenging! I lucked out and found a leather jacket on Craigslist for $20... the pants ended up being found in Kohls in the woman small size... (never told my kid! lol)
The bullet holes were fun and worked really well! Had some issue with the glue (telesis) sticking to the silicone parts.. that was challenging and kept my poor guy in the makeup chair a long time... all-in-all he wore this a total of 7 hours!!! That is awesome for his age!
First thing I did was make a life casting of his head then started sculpting the terminator parts to fit only him:
20141019_101007[1].jpg
Also did a lifecast of his chest and belly to do the ripped chest thing:
20141020_095644[1].jpg
Made molds of these parts:
20141020_101650[1].jpg
Then I cast resin into the made molds to have another sculpting form in order to sculpt the ripped flesh onto:
20141021_144525[1].jpg
I cast some silicone bullet holes to put on the jacket... I didn't want to ruin the jacket so I used silicone (Dragon Skin FX Pro) that can be pulled off without leaving a residue:
20141021_212830[1].jpg
Skipped some step as far as photos so sorry :(
Here is the skin that I sculpted then ran in silicone (Dragon Skin FX Pro)
20141023_223604[1].jpg
I made the metal parts by brushing into the mold two layers of EpoxAcoat then one layer of EpoxAmite with vale fiberglass
20141023_215029[1].jpg
Hacked a halloween mask for the red LED to drill into the plastic piece... as a side note, I coated the inside of the plastic piece with silicone so it would be softer on my boys face....
Here is the chest piece with the ripped skin and adhered to the "metal" part... also done like I did the face plate, it was all painted using Psycho Paint, the 'skin' was permanently adhered down with Sil-Poxy:
20141023_214849[1].jpg
Attached to the shirt (also with Sil Poxy):
20141024_122847[1].jpg
The facial pieces were attached using Skin Tite adhesive (Which is Skin Safe)
Finished product:
Snapchat--7104308313784634027_(1)[2].jpg
With Linda Hamilton!!!!!!!!
ianlinda[1].jpg

Last edited:
Re: Tiny Terminator

That is just cool beyond words! I need to order a trial kit of dragon skin at some point just to mess around with it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back