Be the first to see these replicas!!!!

I agree, why assume the worst. You don't have to explain anything Coinprop, Sorry - I never met to say you should, you just seemed like an "inside man", and seemed to be pitching for them a bit so then when that topic was the one you chose not to really reply about it made people wonder if there was a reason. Not an issue really, but I think that was why you got the responses. Heck I am fine with not knowing - while I don't know anyone at MR I would not have ordered from their website until I saw them at a convention or heard that they actually make what they show.
I do think there is a difference between an unknown website and ebay or here. Any can put up a website, and there are scams a' plenty. While you can argue the details of feedback on ebay or boards, you have at least one view of their history.
I am happy to see another company putting out stuff. Only time will tell if they keep it up or can deliver, but until they have shipping delays or bad Customer Service there is no reason to assume otherwise. In the same vain that I hope QMX turns it arround with all the problems they already seem to be having right out of the gate, this buisness overall (between pleasing fans,production, and good customer service) seems to be a little rough, so it may be a challange. If someone manages to produce good props at good prices (for both them and us) and manages to both produce what and when they promise, then I don't see how the company could not do well.

I agree, why assume the worst. You don't have to explain anything Coinprop, Sorry - I never met to say you should, you just seemed like an "inside man", and seemed to be pitching for them a bit so then when that topic was the one you chose not to really reply about it made people wonder if there was a reason. Not an issue really, but I think that was why you got the responses. Heck I am fine with not knowing - while I don't know anyone at MR I would not have ordered from their website until I saw them at a convention or heard that they actually make what they show.
I do think there is a difference between an unknown website and ebay or here. Any can put up a website, and there are scams a' plenty. While you can argue the details of feedback on ebay or boards, you have at least one view of their history.
I am happy to see another company putting out stuff. Only time will tell if they keep it up or can deliver, but until they have shipping delays or bad Customer Service there is no reason to assume otherwise. In the same vain that I hope QMX turns it arround with all the problems they already seem to be having right out of the gate, this buisness overall (between pleasing fans,production, and good customer service) seems to be a little rough, so it may be a challange. If someone manages to produce good props at good prices (for both them and us) and manages to both produce what and when they promise, then I don't see how the company could not do well.

No need to say You are sorry Scott, I guess You could say I'm an "inside man"!
And Your posts are among the intelligent one's :)

I think its pretty disheartening to see the pessimism here... Granted it is understandable, and thus far the comments leaning towards the negative side have been fairly tame...

I say give 'em a chance. Rather than using your energy casting doubt on a new company based on other past (and perhaps unrelated) failures, channel that energy into making wise and strategic buying decisions.

One critical question: When pre-ordering, is the buyer asl pre-paying?

Last edited:
One critical question: When pre-ordering, is the buyer asl pre-paying?

The company offers two methods of pre-ordering. Quoted from their site:

PRE-ORDERS
Pre-ordering allows you to reserve a limited edition item using your credit card without having to pay for it until it is ready to be shipped to you.

** Your credit card will never be charged until your order is ready to ship. **

If you pre-order an item you will be notified by e-mail prior to shipping. Tracking numbers for all your orders once they have shipped can be accessed online via your Hollywood Collectibles account. As many of our products are extremely limited in edition size it is advisable to Pre-order to avoid disappointment.

4PAY
Our 4Pay payment plan also allows you to reserve a product and spread the cost over 4 monthly payments. The first payment will be deducted from your credit card at the time of ordering. The next two payments will be deducted on the 16th day of the following two months. The final payment will be deducted 7 days before your item is shipped and will also include all applicable taxes and shipping costs. For further information about 4Pay click here.

When I wanted to know who "they" were, it has nothing to do with how nice their products are. There is a small group of people in this industry, that I won't do business with.

So that is that, now on to their offerings, Very cool stuff. I am interested in seeing more of the Alien/predator things. Not into 5th element at all, but they seem to be top notch images.

Pat

The company offers two methods of pre-ordering. Quoted from their site:

PRE-ORDERS
Pre-ordering allows you to reserve a limited edition item using your credit card without having to pay for it until it is ready to be shipped to you.

** Your credit card will never be charged until your order is ready to ship. **

If you pre-order an item you will be notified by e-mail prior to shipping. Tracking numbers for all your orders once they have shipped can be accessed online via your Hollywood Collectibles account. As many of our products are extremely limited in edition size it is advisable to Pre-order to avoid disappointment.

Ah the lessons taught by and learned from the Icons debacle! it is encoruaging to see that they state they won't charge until products are ready to ship...

I would have to say the price and the payment options make that Korbin Dallas gun an almost no brainer. The idea that they also sell stuff to retailers like the bobble heads may help them diversify and keep money coming in when prop orders are sparse. They seem a little like a Monsters in Motion or Sideshow in their marketing plan, but that could be a good thing. My question is, are the props made in the US or China, or elsewhere?

I worked for a small company myself a few years ago and ended up having problems along the lines of QMx. We started off working with an American manufacturer until the investors wanted us to go to China to save $. The American company was easy to work with and resolve any problems quickly. The Chinese manufacturer we kept having new quality control issues after each fix and in the end had problems with the shipping costs to get the final product here. It basically put us out of business because we had delay after delay with them. If we had stayed with the American company we would have working final product on the shelves 2 years earlier.

Last edited:
Very interested in the Fifth Element stuff, but all of the stuff looks top-notch. Little hint of the pulse rifle has got me excited. :)

The paintjob looks really nice but the details on the Side pieces like the Laser on the Right side and the Left temple pieces are completely WRONG!

I know this for a fact because I had one of Stan Winston's Employees (Matt Rose who worked on actual Predator Helmet), approve the details as I modified them on an original Casting (which was missing the parts).

they should sell the mask/helmet by itself, The setup is really sweet lookin untill you take off the mask and find... he has no face!

That was the first time I have seen the inside of a Pred helmet (I'm sure folks have done it, but not often enough for me to see one yet) - so I have no idea if it is accurate, but it looks fantatsic. One of those details for me that just adds so much to the realism factor, even if you never saw that on-screen (I don't remember ever seeing the inside, but I may have just forgot.
Cool stuff...geez, I need to make way more money. :)

My understanding has been that Sideshow, for example, has a lot of small companies working for them doing essentially contract work, this is how a lot of companies work. My understanding is that this company is one of those companies that have been doing some contract work over the years.

So these guys got the license for a film that most people do not recognize as having a lot of potential and a cult following... but that does not mean they have not been producing pieces for years.

MR, QMX, Icons, whatever, they may have produced, they may have not produced much of anything and some may have flopped, but they all had to show their potential of being financially viable to produce something to get that license. Fox, like Lucasfilm, Disney or Paramount is equally protective of its license as it is their property. These companies do not give away a product license for free after all.

Believe me, I am skeptical of a lot of things, but I am not paranoid.

-Bryan

The paintjob looks really nice but the details on the Side pieces like the Laser on the Right side and the Left temple pieces are completely WRONG!

I know this for a fact because I had one of Stan Winston's Employees (Matt Rose who worked on actual Predator Helmet), approve the details as I modified them on an original Casting (which was missing the parts).

This predator mask comes from the original Stan Winston molds!!
Your friend Matt Rose must be wrong, or remember wrong, sorry.

This predator bust with mask is created by John Rosengrant at Stan Winston Studios (John Rosengrant worked on the movie!)
so there are no middle hand involved here...........and did I say it was from the original molds! It could not be any more accurate!

Last edited:
I don't want to start a Huge debate but, Who says it was from the original molds?

The Helmet itself may be, but so was the Icons helmet and many others, (the side details were molded separately which you can see proof on page 104 in the Winston Effect Book by Jody Duncan) the side details are clearly not Correct. Even the Shoulder-Laser is wrong.
Here's a Pic of the REAL Shoulder-Laser:
syncgun.jpg

And theirs...
predator4lge.jpg

My Quote it clearly says "Matt Rose" NOT John Rosengrant, (it was Steven Wang, Matt Rose and Screaming Mad George who worked on the Helmet) and as NoHumorMan stated there are "No Ridges" on the Left side detail either, all you have to do is look at the Movie on DVD and you can clearly see that there are Ridges on that side piece even in the behind-the-scenes on the Special Edition DVD (specifically on the Kevin Peter Hall Tribute) you can see the details clearly.
predgroupsmall.jpg

Matt Rose also supplied me with Rare Photos from the Set and On-location that still to this day have not been released...(and NO those pics are not part of them)

What they are offering is a nice Predator Helmet with a Cool-looking interior but the Details on the sides are NOT Screen accurate at all.

This predator mask comes from the original Stan Winston molds!!
Your friend John Rosengrant must be wrong, or remember wrong, sorry.

This predator bust with mask is created by Stan Winston Studios
and not H-C so there are no middle hand involved here...........and did I say it was from the original molds! It could not be any more accurate!

Last edited:
That was the first time I have seen the inside of a Pred helmet (I'm sure folks have done it, but not often enough for me to see one yet) - so I have no idea if it is accurate .... I don't remember ever seeing the inside, but I may have just forgot.
From the Hollywood Collectibles Group site:

Produced from the exact same molds used to create this iconic creature 20 years ago. The artistic geniuses led by John Rosengrant have also “re-imagined” the inside of the helmet to incorporate all the features this other world hunter would need to survive in a hostile environment. The inside of the helmet was not seen in the movie and the original props created for filming were just roughly finished inside. For the first time not only can you own a Predator Bio Helmet from the original Stan Winston molds, but also the same creative team who worked on the movie have painstakingly designed the inside of the helmet with the same attention to detail they brought to the original movie.

The prices are really great! I mean $249 for a Korben gun with electronics!!!
And yes, this is the gun Matt was talking about..... great stuff for the 5th element collector.

I gotta agree with everything you said there Coinprop. Ive been wanting a Korben Dallas gun for a while now and put off buying one of the ones Ive spotted on ebay after Matt brought to light 'this' future release.
Ive taken the plunge and placed an order for this gun....pity we'll need to wait until the 3rd quarter until its released but thats not too bad...could be worse I suppose, It might not have ever been released at all!! Im a happy bunny!!!:)

Thanks for the pictures Propsculptor, great shots!
To me, the sholder laser on the bust matches the laser in the forrest picture tho!
And as I said before, these helmets are made by Stan Winston Studios, the studio that did the mask and suit for the movie, and it is take from the original molds.

Polsnulspace, yep! Those prices cant be beat! And I'm sure You will be happy with it, congrats for getting those low numbers.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back